cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought US roaming data and voice - voice calls cut off after 45 seconds

jk42
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tonight I called home 3 times (from Las Vegas to Vancouver), and each call lasted less than a minute. First cutoff was human error 🙂 but the next two times, we were cut off after less than a minute (I timed the last one to 45 seconds).

The same happened recently when my wife was the one who traveled to the US. Her calls home (New York to Vancouver) as well as calls to local taxi companies etc. were all cut off after less than a minute.

She was using a Samsung Note 4 at the time, I'm using a Pixel 2 XL now.

We find ourselves resorting to Google Hangouts voice chats instead of phoning each other, but 1) that doesn't work when calling taxis etc. and 2) that's not what we paid the roaming US voice call package for.

Please let me know what I can do to help you fix this. If there's a test number I'll happily call it.

-Jan

3 REPLIES 3

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @jk42,

thank you for taking the time to post on our community regarding your recent US roaming purchase. If you've been experiencing issues with the services and require any help, please don't hesitate to send us a private message, we'll gladly look into it!

Kind regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jk42, I have seen that issue here before.  However, in the one that I saw it was with their local service.  The solution in that case was to get the moderators involved.  There was a problem with their plan settings.  Might be a problem with your roaming package setup in the back end system.  I would suggest you send a private message to the moderator team so that they can investigate for you.  If you can, include your acount or phone number as well as your account PIN (if you know it) in your initial message.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

jk42
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried calling *611 and jumped around in the menus and it didn't cut me off (I hung up after 3min40s)...

Need Help? Let's chat.