cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought US roaming add on but not seeing any data usage with it

Mittenui
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! I am in the US for a bit and bought the add on for 3gb roaming data. I have lte connection but I'm worried I'm not actually using the data add on I bought and am getting charged separately from it. I am still at 0gb of 3gb after refreshing my data usage. Should I be worried? 

8 REPLIES 8

Mittenui

Thank you! 

Mittenui

It's strange because mid-flight in the US I got texts (from an app that uses WiFi which my flight didn't include) before I had purchased the add on. I had forgotten to also disable roaming before getting the add on. Just hoping I don't get hit with a big bill in the end... Thanks. 

Mittenui

Thank you! 🙂 will do. 

Mittenui

Ah I see, thanks so much! I'll keep an eye out to see if it changes later too. 

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mittenui we had another customer report yesterday that their data usage in the US was not updating leaving them unaware with how much data they had used and how much was left. They said it took days before the usage was showing and that was through the PM app and the website. If you can, track your usage through your phone's settings 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mittenui 

No I wouldn't be worried. I would suggest you change to VoLTE for voice calling and if your phone is 5G compatible...change to 5G Auto. 3G has been decommissioned so you can only connect to 4G & 5G.

2G is available on T-Mobile.

Enable Roaming and connect to AT&T or T-Mobile...whichever has a stronger signal.

KZ1964
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM is a prepaid service.  If the data wasnt working you would have no service.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Mittenui 

make sure to enable Data Roaming in setting. Should only connect to AT&T or T-Mobile... As long as you got the correct US add-on, you're good to go.

Need Help? Let's chat.