cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus credit

Coco_4_coconuts
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a question about this bonus credit of $10. I received this in my private messages yesterday after I asked about changing my email. I don't understand how this works is this an extra credit? Or a scam? Any info you can give me on how to use it or if it's real or not? Thanks for your help!

Screenshot_20220828-130653~2.png

 Is this ok?

44 REPLIES 44

Hi @Coco_4_coconuts   you might have done the right thing.. @walker1  has not been online since... of course, he could be still sending referral code secretly, or PM might have been taken care of this user?🤔

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Coco_4_coconuts 

Don't worry this is been going on for long before you came here but it would be nice if it stopped!!

Coco_4_coconuts

I didn't realize I was creating such a hullabaloo? I guess it's worse now that there's that bonus referral credit again?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

Nor is this a single instance of an unsolicited referral code from this member in fact they are quite prolific as evidenced by other members commenting on receiving a referral code from this member.

I recently read the thread on the other member and I think it's a whole lot of the kettle calling the pot black. There are so many sections of the terms of service that are being violated by numerous members doing numerous things I don't think anybody should really be making such a big stink over minor infractions when so many major infractions have gone unpunished at least unpunished on the part of the offender when innocent parties or minor infractions have been given such a heavy hand.

The community is not functioning as a cohesive, cooperative and collaborative support group. Well some members have their heart in the right place but may go overboard or make it mistake occasionally their efforts are effective and truly enriched the community for its purpose.

While there are others that are just out there for their own personal agenda or purposes and are being quite hypocritical with their actions and their words.

Maybe that's because of the trickle down theory because the new leader of public mobile is Mr Entwistle and many members here emulate him which in my opinion is very very sad but that's merely my opinion.

Do we not give people second chances allow them to learn from their mistakes and grow? Do we exclude members from our little community society and disparage them or make fun of them because maybe they are ESL? No one is perfect and everyone should really examine why they feel that their actions are justified. We're meant to be welcoming of other members not bullying them.

If public mobile management can't set the standard to be followed consistently and pick and choose who gets punished and who does not then this is what we get isn't it?

If one weasel is allowed to get away with being a weasel then other people decide that they're allowed to be weasels as well so now we have a community with a bunch of weasels. What did Public Mobile expect? You don't have one cockroach in your house you have thousands so now we have many many weasels.

@darlicious wrote:

@J_PM 

What do you have to say on this? Another member who argued about allowing usernames to be referral codes was against the terms of service got banned for being so vocal about it but referral code usernames are still used in the community. That's completely backside backward.

@darlicious, that ban was not for one single instance.  Plus I will ask you how affective was that ban?  That member is back here posting as if it never happened.

This part of the ToS was included I would think to prevent the community from being flooded with referral codes in every thread and multiples of them.  Yes not every thread and not many really would ever need it but we have people posting here that don't answer the question and just need to post anyways, so I am sure there would be referral code spammers that would make daily rounds in the threads.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

CooCoo for referrals!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

LOL... watch out you might get them now!

@darlicious   I guess I was lucky? in not getting any unsolicited offers of RAF credit but that might have been because I didn't post anything on the forum for a long time.

I like the idea of PM adopting something similar to the RFD random referral code generator you mention for it's customers.  But, I won't hold my breath for that to ever become a thing here!  😁

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

LOL...me too! I did get an unsolicited referral code when I activated my second account but of course I referred myself by that time.

I have one mystery referral that I have no idea who it's from. It was garnered from a thread I had read on RFD whereas some student as a computer science project or something in high school had created a random referral code generator and he had invited Public Mobile customers to add their referral code to it.

So I thought that was interesting and went to the site he had linked and entered my two accounts the bf's and my roommate's (now my neighbour). About a month later both my neighbour and I received a random referral Cha-ching text. Whoever used my code and my neighbour's code are still a customers because we are still each getting that $1 reward and that is over 2 years ago now almost two and a half I think 🤔?

If Public Mobile had something similar whereas those customers who don't have a friend or family member to refer them could just go to a random referral generator that would spit out of referral code from any active customer it would be a very fair way of both getting and giving our referral codes that could still avoid the problem of being inundated with unsolicited referral codes as a new potential customer or a newly activated one.

@dabr- Me neither. I knew nothing of it all until a few weeks later after activating. I just saw rate and Telus and went for it.

@dust2dust   I sorta agree with what you're saying as I never received any referral credit when I activated since I wasn't even aware of it.   So maybe if someone had pm'd me offering their code to use, I might have used it, but not really sure as I was unfamiliar with all this online forum PM had going, so might have thought it was someone trying to scam me, lol..

@dabr- I agree that they could be more selective unlike this thread 🙂 but it can also be that final kick for the customer to say well alright I'll do it and use the referral.

No they won't. The business wants the income. It's a stupid rule. I think we should be able to say to the inquiring customer before they've activated that hey use this referral code. And so might everybody else. So the customer picks one. Everybody had the chance. Not even being asked for. Just that it's a new customer thinking of signing up and have at it. Very few new customers know to ask for it. So why not offer it. Stupid rule.

@dust2dust    I agree the rule seems kinda stupid, except in this instance this user is not bringing in new customers  but is taking advantage new customers who post here.   I think it might not be a bad idea if PM instead used the referral codes of existing customers in some random fashion instead.   However, as we know, PM will not do anything either way.

@dabr, @Community_QA - which is why I think it's a stupid rule. This is a business. They want paying customers. If someone brings a customer in then the business wins. Why would they stop that? I think we should all be able to show our codes wherever we like. Then people can randomly pick one and then we're all on an even playing field.

@Community_QA     Unfortunately, he's probably received more than a few successful referral rewards from pm'ing new customers posting a question in the community forum, as we only hear about the handful of customers that have shared their experience with this practise.    Past mentions of this person private messaging new customers hasn't stopped him from doing this still, so I guess unless PM takes some action against him, he'll continue.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Community_QA 

That makes me wonder how many times a member who does this and gets reported can get away with it before they mete out some kind of ban? 

From my own experience and a few others it didn't take much one disparaging word could get you permanently banned or some trumped up charges could get you banned with no evidence except the word of someone with influence.

So how many times do you break the rules by sending an unsolicited referral code before you get even a 12-hour ban? 5? 10? 50? 100?

This is an egregious rule breaking. We are all so careful not to spread our referral code around especially if you accidentally offered it as a new member or referred to it even we've had the oracles come down upon us for even the suggestion yet a member can do this over and over and over again and nothing happens? And there's more than one member that does this in fact there are several regular members that do this on a regular basis yet they are still here?

@J_PM 

What do you have to say on this? Another member who argued about allowing usernames to be referral codes was against the terms of service got banned for being so vocal about it but referral code usernames are still used in the community. That's completely backside backward.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dabr wrote:

@Coco_4_coconuts    BTW, you can use the @ key on your keyboard and the usernames of others in this conversation will pop up, then you can select who you're responding to so that they get the notice for being tagged.  😊

@dabr   like this?    @walker1   ??

ok. Let me tell a story. I have 5 friends who tried to start some questions when they joined PM Community to start  earning Community rewards.   Turned out, all 5 of them got  "Welcome" private messages from some Walker One guy offer them $10 free money

So, I looked up this Walker guy , turn out he wasn't very active on the Community helping others, but more interested with his own inbox helping his referral rewards.  LoL

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Coco_4_coconuts 

I would report the member. There's a special promotion on right now so they're not only trying to get the extra $1 reward but an extra $25 as well by breaking the rules to get an easy referral when others work hard to get their referrals. Not only should they not be rewarded they should be punished as well. 

Coco_4_coconuts

Thank you everyone for all of your help.

@Coco_4_coconuts 

go to your  All Images for Coco_4_coconuts - Community (publicmobile.ca)

be deleted from the photo has code but FYI  just you will see it. don't worry about it.

Coco_4_coconuts

@darlicious 

My phone but @dabr advice help me figure it out. Thank you I think I did it right I think.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Coco_4_coconuts 

Are you using your phone or are you on a computer the method is a little different to remove them from your profile.

@Coco_4_coconuts    Scroll down your screen and select Upload An Image, under My Photos on the bottom right hand side and then click the image to be deleted from the photo library.

Coco_4_coconuts

@dust2dust 

Thank you. But I can't quite figure out how to delete it from my profile?

Coco_4_coconuts

@dabr 

Thank you. I didn't clue into that.

@Timer 

Thank you for the link that will help me.

@Coco_4_coconuts    BTW, you can use the @ key on your keyboard and the usernames of others in this conversation will pop up, then you can select who you're responding to so that they get the notice for being tagged.  😊

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Edit it like this and then remove the original from your image library in your profile:

Adding-removed image, kinda pointless now

Coco_4_coconuts

Oh sorry let me figure that out.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Coco_4_coconuts 

Well repeat offenders should go to jail but I don't think we actually have one here on the community just banishment but I don't think that's going to happen.

Just edit your screenshot so it doesn't show the referral code. You're not in any trouble you wouldn't know that you've done anything wrong by posting the private message.

Need Help? Let's chat.