cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus add-ons

MACKA_SPLAFF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I change my plan to a cheaper option, does it affect my bonus add-ons?

10 REPLIES 10

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Reoccurng last year when you sign up for the 35 dollar 2.5 gig with 500 mb with automatic top up and an extra 2 gigs ( lost this one every month) my mom never used it so we dropped to the 25 dollar plan 

@Chrissyrioux12   which 2GB addon you lost? the one from Christmas?  or those 2GB recurring bonus?

Chrissyrioux12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I lost the 2 gig add on from the 35 dollar plan from ,last year when I downgraded 

@MACKA_SPLAFF 

You'll be smart to go to the lower plan and save a few dollars a month, especially since you have all those bonus.

Don't worry, you won't lose any of those bonus you currently have, because the bonus add ons are attached to your account and not the plan you have.  Just like I said in my earlier post.

I did the same thing awhile ago and kept all my bonus similar to what you mentioned.  So I'm talking from my own experience.   Don't worry.

MACKA_SPLAFF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have accummulated about 8gb data and over a 1000mins long distance. I am unlikely to use the data on the $35 plan, so I think it makes sense to drop down to the $25 plan for a while. Though I don't want to lose the bonuses.  

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@MACKA_SPLAFF wrote:

If I change my plan to a cheaper option, does it affect my bonus add-ons?

Holiday bonus is attached to your account not your plan. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MACKA_SPLAFF 

It depends if the promo you signed up for.

Eg. 2gb for 12 months on $25+ plan…you if switch to the $15 plan…you will loss the bonus 2gb.

But the Merrier is More bonus, RAF and purchased Add-on will stay in your account.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Your rewards are tied up with your account so you will not lose anything changing plan.

If you are talking about Holiday bonus SMS will go to your SIM no matter whatever plan you have.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@MACKA_SPLAFF 

What kind of bonus add on in particular?

That would make a big difference.

But if you're talking about the current Holiday gifts, then no you shouldn't lose those if you downgrade to a lower plan.

Since add ons are attached to your account and not the plan you have.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you sign up using an activation promo (not just referral)? What plan are you on and what plan are looking at?

Need Help? Let's chat.