cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boards/threads in bold

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Has anyone else had the boards, threads or posts that are unread or have a new unread post in them have the bold font disappear? The community is making it appear as though I have read everything already.....just curious as I've never seen it completely disappear on every page?

Screenshot_20210410-220816.png

12 REPLIES 12

@LurganIeUk 

I think its always been that way? My dang tablet shuts down enough times each day that I am newly signed in each time even though I am not logged out. But I have noticed I have apparently read everything again though there are new threads I have not read at all.

What I have noticed is...when you take the option to remain logged in, but you shut down the web page...then when you reappear, it shows as a new login even though you did NOT login to your account with your password.  

I'm attributing it to a 2-day stretch last week when I didn't log in at all. The system must have considered me "signed out" and marked all posts up to that point as read....

Yes the bolded portions have returned....maybe I was logged in too long yesterday. It was just strange that even when I went back a year or so every post was marked as read..... I know I've read a lot.....but I haven't read everything......only 443964 messages. Really that's not that much?!!

I only go by the number by the bell as I have all email notifications turned off. What I don’t like is....when you have say 15 new notifications to read...once you read one, the other 14 are also assumed  as being read and the count by the bell disappears and the other 14 are no longer bold highlighted. It would be much more convenient if the bold highlighting changes only after you  read each new notification.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Actually, number indicator beside 'bell' for new notifications stays even if you log-off/log-in Until you actually click on it.

Then no matter you read notifications or not they all expire after you log off.

Yes, preferable option would be - do not modify 'read' flag until one actually opens notification or board topic.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I can confirm that, too. Everything is marked as 'read' when you log out.

Kind of strange???? I would prefer board messages, notifications to stay 'unread' until I actually read them. Similar how web email service or Outlook or similar other boards/forums works: mark it 'read' when I actually read them until new message arrives.

@computergeek541 wrote:

By default, eveyrthing is supposed to be marked as read any time a Community member logs out.  However, that option has not worked for an extended period of time (although it used to).

As board messages (topics) go, they all get flagged as 'read' when you log off. Just tried that and can confirm it works as stated above.

Same is with notifications; they are marked as 'read' when you log off.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @darlicious 

I've noticed that when signed in to the Community, there are generally some sections bolded and some un-bolded.  Seems to always have been that way for me.

If you sign out, then look at the same page, all headings appear the same as bolded.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Has anyone else had the boards, threads or posts that are unread or have a new unread post in them have the bold font disappear? The community is making it appear as though I have read everything already.....just curious as I've never seen it completely disappear on every page?

By default, eveyrthing is supposed to be marked as read any time a Community member logs out.  However, that option has not worked for an extended period of time (although it used to).

I had this same issue last night... Maybe happened once before since I ever started using the forum... But interesting there is an option for that, set as you describe:

MarkAsRead.PNG

@darlicious wrote:

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No problem at my end, I still see some in bold, but I am using desktop computer.

Need Help? Let's chat.