cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block my number

LDD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there a way to block my number when I'm making an outgoing call?

12 REPLIES 12

@Triguy wrote:

I don't think there is any charge but you would have to press #31# for each call.

@wwphysioIf you don't want to have to block each call, you can change your line to "Default" to blocked caller ID.

There are ways to do it in the phones menus, but here is the definitive way to set/clear outgoing CID blocking using standard GSM codes with Public Mobile on any phone:

• Block outgoing caller ID for all future calls by dialing: *31#
  • When blocking outgoing caller ID by default, you can enable it "per call" by prefixing *31# to a number (ie: *31#xxxyyyzzzz )

or

• Allow outgoing caller ID by default by dialing: #31#
  • When allowing outgoing caller ID by default, you can disable it "per call" by prefixing #31# to a number (ie: #31#xxxyyyzzzz )

@LDD 

There are no extra charges at public mobile. So even if you get a warning message ahead of time saying you may incur extra charges continue with hour intent. If it works its included in your plan if it doesnt work then its not included.

No, there's NO CHARGE for blocking calls using #31# it's included 

I don't think there is any charge but you would have to press #31# for each call.

wwphysio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I want to block my number from showing up when I call someone as I have to start using my phone for work and I don't want my private number showing on call display.  I understand I can do this with #31#.  Is there a charge associated with this service?  Also if there is, is it per call or monthly.  

Thanks,

W

@David6 wrote:

@LDD wrote:

Is there a way to suspend my sim card ? Because I lost it

David6

@LDD wrote:

Is there a way to suspend my sim card ? Because I lost it

David6

I need to suspend the sim card because I lost it

@porcupine wrote:

also setting in your phone you can permanitly block your number

Yes, most of the time. Some phones do not implement this properly (they display "hide caller number/ID on outgoing calls" but your caller number/ID are still visible on the other end) and some phones do not give the user setting at all (they show a drop-down list which only allows "always show caller number/ID" and "use default network settings").

Good old *67 and #31# usually work well enough.

But Canadian consumers no longer have access to stuff like TrapCall (because CRTC is paranoid and anti-consumer).

And Canadian corporations can have full access to "blocked", "private", and "unknown" numbers regardless what you do to hide them (because CRTC can basically be bribed). 

https://hushed.com/how-to-hide-your-number-when-calling-and-texting/

porcupine
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

also setting in your phone you can permanitly block your number

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

#31# before the number when dialing will work on all phones.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle
Need Help? Let's chat.