cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Notification

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

For the last few months we have gotten a text from 611 saying our auto-pay was successful but we are getting the notification at 1AM EST!!!!  We used to get it at 12 or 1PM. 

4 REPLIES 4

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I got 2 SMS:

- One at 12:02 (pm) regarding successful payment

- Another one at 00:08 but that appeared Today not yesterday even though it shows under the Feb 8th date.

If that bothers you, you can silence notification for 611.

Another solution is to turn all sounds during night, turn phone off or invoke airplane mode. Unless you are on-call duty, expecting urgent call during night I see no point of having phone on all the time. Saves some juice too.

But everybody's circumstances are different so you have to find a way to deal with this SMSes coming in wee hours best suited to you.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dmbcanada 

This known glitch in the rewards text has been occurring since July 2021. It seems like this would be an easy fix for pm but alas they have not assigned it any importance. Unlucky for eastcoasters that it occurs so late for us westcoasters the much more reasonable 9pm text makes up the 9am successful renewal text.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin#.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dmbcanada   Yes, I believe this has been like this since summer last year.  Not sure why, but many has complain about the timing of the notification 

Some people decided  block 611 but I won't suggest that, you might miss important message.  Instead, I suggest to just silent notification for 611.  Add it to your contact and then turn off notification for it.  In this case, it won't wake you up and when you check text the next day, you will still see it

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dmbcanada wrote:

For the last few months we have gotten a text from 611 saying our auto-pay was successful but we are getting the notification at 1AM EST!!!!  We used to get it at 12 or 1PM. 

@dmbcanada  - we all get these texts late at night/early morning.

If this is something that is bothering you for sound, you should be able to select that sender by choosing the 3 dots at the time right in you messages app, then choose Details, then choose Notifications, then choose Silent.

Awwe peaceful and no more pinging of these messages during sleep. 🙂

But you will still see the messages...just no sound.

Need Help? Let's chat.