cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big shout to amazing PM service team. Be aware of dealing with FONGO!

yackinlyn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Edit:Okay with Telus for more than an hour, they are going to start over porting out from fongo again, what a pain.

right now they gave me another new account and I can send out call and text , but not receive any , let us pray this time things smoothing out. 

I started applied porting my number out from Fongo home phone on Dec 4, and started to use Public mobile after 9th without issue. But until now today(after a month), my Fongo account  is still active and I have multiple tickets and email communication with Fongo team(they are very slow to reponse and  no help). all the emails they sent to me keep saying my porting is not complete due to PM canceling the request( what? I am using PM almost a month), yesterday said my porting is in process. If I want to delete my account, my number can be forfeited. also they sent me another month bill on Dec 24th.

Here i would iike to thank all the PM agents who responded my Private Messages, they were prompty and helpful, e

ven this issue is not related with Public Mobile,but they were double checking for me and assured everything is ok on PM side. 

So there are big differences between these two companies which both have no real agents on the phone line, Fongo has the worst customer service in the world. 

thank you for reading.

16 REPLIES 16

yackinlyn

my PM account is no longer valid,i have no servie on my phone(restarted), it was treated like my number ported out from PM to fongo.thanks for advice

In this event, your Public account would be given a random number. Restart the phone and call out to a nearby phone and see what number it shows? Or look in your account under the profile tab.

yackinlyn

sorry about the contactsdescription, i was frustrated. 

i meant i couldnot communicate with my contacts without my cell service. fongo insists the porting process is never finished since dec 5th and today cancelled by carrrier(telus), so my number is back to home landline now. 

"lost all contacts"? How? Contacts are almost always on the phone. Does Fongo use sims? I don't think so. That might be where contacts might be stored but that's rare these days.

Fongo would only know your PM account # if you gave it to them. Maybe in trying to get this going Public gave it to them. But I'm not sure why it matters other than a little privacy in the event Fongo abuses it.

Or do you mean the phone number?

yackinlyn

no it is complete gone, what to do?

yackinlyn

I am calling telus porting team right now, he said fongo ported out number out today, and they has my PM account. how that be possible? How do they have my PM account number? I was fighting with Fongo the past 3 weeks to get out, help, thank you.  I have no phone to use, it is horrible lost all the contacts. and no access to work contacts.

@yackinlyn even a Fongo porting request is closed, it won't close your  PM account. 

I can only think of that thr porting has been for over 30 days  and Pm has to close the porting request, BUT they would then randomly assign you another phone number,.  Again,  your PM account would still be active 

Reboot your phone once more and try making a call

If you really cannot make the calls and unable to login My Account,  message Support and understand the situation 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

yackinlyn

my account is gone, fongo just emailed me that the porting out request is cancelled by telus, so I lost PM now after almost a month. how this happened and what i do? trying to call telus right now. thanks

@yackinlyn the porting should not affect your PM service  you should still able to make outgoing calls.

Check My Account using Incognito mode to confirm if account status is Active

yackinlyn

OMG you are right, I lost PM service this afternoon, what I do now

I understood that you were receiving services from the old provider that the porting is still in progress or not complete @yackinlyn , but I could be wrong with regards to voip services?

I hope PM has crossed the T's and dotted the i's on this one, and you are truly ported over to Public. Welcome.

yackinlyn

i took away the adapter, but We did have one incoming voice mail (email  voice) 2 days ago. my pM phone and message working fine.

that is why I dont want mixed service. fongo sucks, what took them so long to lose a customer, only $5 a month to rob?

yackinlyn

NO,i Gave a week to let them complete, and on the 13th, i started to let them know to delete my account, since then, their emails only said one thing, not complete due to PM canceled the request(???) , you likely talking to a robot!!!

yesterday, they said in process. Even PM contacted Fongo for me,but no reponse of course. right now, I can still log in fongo accout, they made me mad. they are slow and returned your request with ONE Standard format

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@yackinlyn - does your Fongo home phone still having in/out calling abilities?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@yackinlyn yes, sometimes porting from VoIP company is painful.  😞

"yesterday said my porting is in process", so, does that mean that porting has not been completed yet?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@yackinlyn @Yay public mobile !

Need Help? Let's chat.