cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Badges

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I wasn't sure where to post this so thought this area of the forum must be for asking questions not related to public's service problems and hope it might be the right place to post my first question regarding badges. 

I keep getting these notices popping up every now and again that I have another badge for my posts or bravos and also received a new title of great citizen which I think were mostly goofy but harmless but now I got a new badge saying I earned December 25%.   Do these badges mean anything or are really just for fun?  

23 REPLIES 23

statusquo

Thank you and yes I had more or less figured that part out but it just seems like the reply and accept a solution is almost in the same space after clicking reply.

Thank you to all who have replied giving me interesting information.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@statusquo 

You started the thread in the lounge where there are no solutions....lol...think about that? Anyhow once your thread was deemed "worthy" and moved into get support section the option to choose a solution was enabled.

statusquo

Htidegnow  Ok thank you but it's a bit weird because as soon as I click reply the accept a solution appears and it would be easy to accept a solution for trying to reply.  

HI @statusquo   

you see the button Accept as solution because you started this thread.  the original poster and Oracle are the only person who can accept solutions on a thread

and yes, the badge is pretty much for fun.  no use at all

statusquo

Found the answer and yes the badges come but need to click in the upper corner before they reappear.  

So another question now, why is the accept a solution on the same space as reply button?  It wasn't there before but now every post has that.

statusquo

Computergeek  thank you for that information.  I didn't want to take away from others posting about more serious problems like payment and service problems and that's why I posted in the lounge.

Darlicious   that's a neat trick, clicking my badges made them disappear?  Do they come back I wonder. 

@statusquo wrote:

I wasn't sure where to post this so thought this area of the forum must be for asking questions not related to public's service problems and hope it might be the right place to post my first question regarding badges. 

This is actually the type of thread that was intended for the "Community" category.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@statusquo @Handy1 

Try tapping on the badges.

statusquo

I still see nothing for starting a topic but I don't really care about these badges as others have already said they're more for fun than anything meaningful except for the community points badge which earns something tangible at least.  

@statusquo @Strange i thou when you are the one starting the thread , that that counted as topic started … so I do t know I clearly don’t completely understand the site yet myself 

statusquo

Handy1 my last badge notice was for the December 25% and I can see I have 11 badges and a lot more that are greyed out but nothing for starting a topic and I don't know what you mean about seeing 3 on my profile though?

@statusquo @You should have one now for starting this thread start or do a two more and that’s the 3 you see on your profile 

statusquo

Thank you all for the explanations and the photos.

Handy I only see the 2 community points when I login to my rewards account and not the regular account.

Halimacs thank you for explaining about the notifications and badges and that explains most of the badges.  I don't have one for starting a topic yet but maybe I have to wait for them.

Bkns27 thank you for your photo which is very helpful.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Strange.

I also see 16 when checking on mobile device - count again.   Blame the new math.  😋

@HALIMACS @I don’t see the last one when I check my profile on my phone , I do t have a pc so I don’t see it like that I see it top to bottom I see it in the first pic you sent that way .. strange I don’t know 

@Handy1     I count 16.

HALIMACS_0-1673811145805.png

@HALIMACS @When I go to  view badges it says I have 16 but when I count them it only shows 15

The badges are simply community participation notifications.

Early on, they are aplenty with a badge for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc....bravo, reply, solution, & topic started

Afterwards, they are awarded when a member ranks up in level:

New in town-Great Neighbor-Good Citizen-Great Citizen-Model Citizen-Town Hero-Deputy Mayor-Mayor-ORACLE (invite only)

Then, each calendar month, with the percent participation, they are awarded.

It's there 

HALIMACS_0-1673788521851.png

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@statusquo @I was wondering about this too , as I see I got a badge for 10% but don’t see it in my list of badges 

@statusquo 

These badges are given around the first week of each month.

It is given to recognize the members participate in the Community for helping others.

It also show the number of members in the each % category of what they earned for the month.

The % for the $ or points value to what they earned.

The formula for what you earned is based on the number of bravos and solved solutions is unknown.

Here is the % of what you can ear:

3D688BCA-C165-4959-809E-B67DA9DD660D.png

statusquo

Thank you for the reply and explanation and so does that mean I wasn't supposed to share details about these badges or just the one that mentions 25%?   After reading this I did login to the account but don't see anything there for this but then after going to the rewards dashboard I see a line about give back and 2 points and did further reading from the rewards link and see these are community points.  I don't have enough points to redeem for anything yet except to enter a contest for a tv, phone and giftcards which sound interesting except trying to link to the rules about the contest details doesn't really explain anything or give me more information.  I will have to do more exploring about this I think. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The rising in ranks and the achievement ones are just kind of fun. Lots of forums have those kinds of recognitions. The reward badge is informative to everyone else. You would already have seen the placing of the reward or points into your rewards area. Then the couple few days later you get that badge. Now everyone gets to know what you earned.

So congrats on your community badge.

Need Help? Let's chat.