cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Network, Call dropping every 10min and Not getting 4G speed as promised.

bimbular
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been having issues for since past week when I switch from Rogers to Public Mobile due to the new promotion. My Phone calls randomly dropping multiple times followed by issues with even being able to receive or accept a phone call from the person I was just on the phone with. Sometime is will shows not network and will keep searching. I have never experience this issue before since I’ve been using a cell phone. This is embarrassing and annoying. I have Samsung S22 Ultra.

I have tried below methods and issue still persists.

1. I went to settings > general > software update. You can always try putting the phone in airplane mode for 10 seconds then switch it back to regular.
  2. I removed and reinserting your SIM card with no help
  3. I also put the sim card in another phone to see  and  the issue persists
  4. I did update and reinserted my sim card and still not resolve.
  5. I have tried restarting the phone and updating it too but nothing seems to be working.

I think I might need to switch back to my Rogers because this is unacceptable.

11 REPLIES 11

bimbular

i dont check but very slow

@bimbular   how slow?  what speed you got?

bimbular

same issue... slow network unless i connected to wifi.

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

What happened when you tried your SIM in another phone?

Do you have these issues in one area or all over Toronto?

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I assure you, this is not normal. Someone will be able to help you resolve this. The Telus Network is very good. 

@bimbular 

Toronto has had issues this past year... first try resetting your network settings

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm
4. Restart

if that doesn't work contact customer support

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

*customer support doesn't always respond promptly. please be patient and check your inbox every few hours to see if there is a response

CSA are available from
- Monday to Friday: 6AM- 10PM EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 6AM- 10PM EST  

bimbular

No, I'm  in Toronto.

@bimbular   What speed are you getting?

bimbular

Ok...the point of switching was because of 4G speed.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bimbular   for phone call, PM uses 3G network for voice calls.  (We don't have VoLTE yet, but it should be coming soon).  It could be that there is issue with 3G in your area or could be there is weak 3G signals there.  Did you try your service in different area and maybe you get better experience with voice

With 4G speed,  it takes 48 hours for the new speed to kick in.  Try using speed test app and test in different area.  Let us know what speed you are getting.  It could go as high as 100Mpbs, but it could be a bit less

Need Help? Let's chat.