cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BYE BYE ROGERS

Kimber1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much Public Mobile for the fantastic plan.  I am so happy to leave Rogers after 15+ years and finally get a good mobile plan.  I ordered my sim during the 12G promotion and could not be happier.  My iPhone is so much faster on LTE with Public Mobile and I get service in places where I did not with Rogers.  Once again thanks 🙂

46 REPLIES 46

johnb56789
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was stuck with Virgin for some time (about 2 or so years). Went from $39/month (300 mins, 300MB, Unl. Text) to the Promo $120/90 day (or $35/month after my discounts here) (Unl. Prov. Talk, Unl. Text, 12GB/3 months) and I am so much happier now. If I wanted the same equivalent plan without changing my grandfathered plan with Virgin, it would've cost something like $39/month for the plan + $190/month to get to 4GB (NO ADDONS FOR DATA, just overage charges to get there) + $25/month (Unl. Talk, albeit Canada wide, never used it, only called Province) = $287.02/month (taxed)

That's a savings of $2,969.64 per year for me!!! (Well... My parents still pay my phone bill, but they're much happier now that it's gone down in price instead of up!!)

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I still think that's an amazing plan 🙂

@paulie

I'm just catching up on the threads, so this may be already suggested, the regular plan for about $40/month with 6GB is a great deal on it's own, and as Public Mobile doesn't discriminate against existing members, if another promo happens, a future dated plan change will be accepted if need be.

Tell your friends to come now...  it is certainly worth it.

Welcome abraod.  Wondering what plan you on with rogers that save you so much, you must have some very bad plan and you dding bother to switch. 🙂

Btw to be fair, Telus and Bell are using the same old trick as rogers. 

Happy holiday!

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congrats!!

I'm actually sad to say that I ported my number over from Rogers considering that our family has been a loyal group of customers since 1988 - yes, 1988 when my Dad bought a bag phone for the car.

We stayed with Rogers while bills for our cable, internet, and wireless skyrocketed over the past several years - this ends soon as our last accounts will be off Rogers by the end of Jan 2017.

Looking forward to seeing where all of this goes!

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Hi I moved from mobilicity which was moved to chatr. I was paying 25$ for unlimited province wide talk, unlimited north America text/mms and unlimited data(6 gb 3g speed then unlimited at 2g speed) but it has zone restrictions.
For that reason I move both my and my wife's line to pm 40$ for 4 gb promotional plan and we are very happy. Paying more but enjoying the awesome service and great coverage.
I got 2$ referral and 2$ auto pay reward so paying 36$ for me and 38$ for my wife.
Happy New year and all the best.

hopetindall

@ShawnC13 wrote:

That is awesome!!  I was very happy with our yearly savings of $360 but we were on a share everything with only 2.5gb of data so having 12gb each over 90 days is amazing and we won't use it all but nice to have.  @hopetindall  remember that is a minimum savings participate in the forum a bit get some community rewards and I bet you will easily save over $1000 for the year!!!

thanks - yes - in the first three months I've already had $6 in referall credits and $8 in Community forum credits - definitely awesome!!!

@hopetindall wrote:

@Kimber1 wrote:

Thank you so much Public Mobile for the fantastic plan.  I am so happy to leave Rogers after 15+ years and finally get a good mobile plan.  I ordered my sim during the 12G promotion and could not be happier.  My iPhone is so much faster on LTE with Public Mobile and I get service in places where I did not with Rogers.  Once again thanks 🙂

Welcome @Kimber1

In fairness, every carrier has spots of good coverage and bad coverage.

For me (20+ years with Rogers) - my signal levels at home with PM are slightly worse than Rogers (but still good enough for rock solid service) since the cell site is half a kilometre further away.  

But the switch was worth it since my wife and I are saving over $960 a year!  (yes, you read that right!).

Welcome and keep saving with PM.

Best Regards

PHT

That is awesome!!  I was very happy with our yearly savings of $360 but we were on a share everything with only 2.5gb of data so having 12gb each over 90 days is amazing and we won't use it all but nice to have.  @hopetindall  remember that is a minimum savings participate in the forum a bit get some community rewards and I bet you will easily save over $1000 for the year!!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Welcome to Public Mobile.  The competition needs to take notice that many customers want good value, no nonsense service.

hopetindall

@collin1215 wrote:

As of right now, I'm still with Freedom Mobile and waiting on my Nexus 6p which was sent for repairs. Can't wait to switch to Public Mobile soon!! 

Save some time and order a SIM card while you wait.

(Order a spare too to keep on hand (just-in-case)).

PHT

collin1215

As of right now, I'm still with Freedom Mobile and waiting on my Nexus 6p which was sent for repairs. Can't wait to switch to Public Mobile soon!! 

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good to hear that!

Welcome to PublicMobile !

Happy new year!

imm1304

Hello @Kimber1 and @paulie!

Very happy to hear about your positive experience.  Welcome to the ever growing PM family of happy customers.  

Now that you are up and running without issues like most of us, I expect no big problems with your service.  Feel free to make use of the community if you need help with anything.  

paulie

Welcome to PublicMobile !

I dumped Rogers 10 years ago.  Best thing I did !   Went to Fido (even worse mistake) and then Mobilicity and then Wind. The last two were actually pretty decent with "unlimited" plans for reasonable prices. The latest offering from Wind/Freedom made me switch to PublicMobile.   To get LTE with Freedom I was looking at having to purchase new phone that has the Band 66 frequency.  Was not ready to drop $500+ for a new phone and then also pay higher monthly price for LTE.

PublicMobile was the best deal going with the promo so activated the SIM with a seperate number and then made the switch on Christmas Eve before my billing cycle with Freedom.  Porting took about an hour (via self-serve) and all has been working perfectly. Purchased the Long Distance Addon since it rolls over until used just in case I need to make any out of province calls. Also phone/texting/data worked well when I was out of the GTA for new years (was north of Cobourg).

Really cannot go wrong for $38/month. 🙂    I've talked to friends and they are ready to switch too.  Need to wait for another promo so they can make the change.

Rockdaddy22
Welcome to the PM family 🙂

hopetindall

@Kimber1 wrote:

Welcome @Kimber1

In fairness, every carrier has spots of good coverage and bad coverage.

For me (20+ years with Rogers) - my signal levels at home with PM are slightly worse than Rogers (but still good enough for rock solid service) since the cell site is half a kilometre further away.  

But the switch was worth it since my wife and I are saving over $960 a year!  (yes, you read that right!).

Welcome and keep saving with PM.

Best Regards

PHT

Need Help? Let's chat.