cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available funds in account

Angel7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I don't know why the funds for subscription renewal in my account was reduced/deducted. 

Yesterday I had available funds of $5 and my subscription was meant to renew today for $39.80, meaning you guys were supposed to charge me $39.80 plus $5 in my account to renew my subscription but I checked this morning and I was charged $44.80.. Why is this? 

28 REPLIES 28

hi @Angel7 

i hope you are not really leaving.  As you see, we all try to explain PM was correct and you weren't seeing it the correct way   With your rewards your have, it really worth to take a bit of time to understand what we all try to explain 

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@wetcoaster   "Newsflash: not everyone lives in the centre of the universe. While we do not have any indication which province the OP is in - based on the 12% tax (please point me to the Public Mobile plan that is charged $39.646 + 13% tax = $44.80?!) they have a BC or Manitoba number."

I was trying, rather clumsily and inadequately, to make the point that since we didn't know where Angel7 lived then we also didn't know what the tax rate would be.  The only rate I know off the top of my head is for Ontario so I mentioned that.  Clearly we now know she is in Manitoba and therefore you were right, however I was the one who initially mentioned tax as a possibility and at that time Angel7 said she had taken that into account which suggested perhaps that wasn't the problem.  

Never disputed any of the points you or others made.

While i reiterated the tax angle (since the op seems / seemed hung up on that, based on the little information that they provided), my main statement is outlined in my first post in this thread:

The payment prediction page is not necessarily accurate, it really depends on the time you are looking at it. It originally sounded like the op looked at the prediction between the addition of the rewards to available funds and the processing of the payment from their credit card. So, in the payment prediction, the rewards would be deducted as part of the available funds but still have shown the rewards in their according line, meaning that they were deducted a second time. Effectively making the op errenously believe that their $45 plan would only cost $35+tax ($45 - $5 rewards converted to available funds - $5 phantom rewards).

But hey, so sorry to be here and dare trying to help.

@wetcoaster   "Newsflash: not everyone lives in the centre of the universe. While we do not have any indication which province the OP is in - based on the 12% tax (please point me to the Public Mobile plan that is charged $39.646 + 13% tax = $44.80?!) they have a BC or Manitoba number."

I was trying, rather clumsily and inadequately, to make the point that since we didn't know where Angel7 lived then we also didn't know what the tax rate would be.  The only rate I know off the top of my head is for Ontario so I mentioned that.  Clearly we now know she is in Manitoba and therefore you were right, however I was the one who initially mentioned tax as a possibility and at that time Angel7 said she had taken that into account which suggested perhaps that wasn't the problem.  

@Angel7 

you're misunderstanding how to read the payment screen from PM. everything is correct...

$45-$5=$40

$40 x 12% = $44.80

essentially if you didn't have any rewards your total cost would be $50.40/30 days

I'm not sure why there were two charges on Sep 9 totalling $41. I/we prefer to only be interested in before tax amounts.

Sep 9
41.44 = 37
4.48 = 4
37 + 4 = 41

Oct 9
2 + 3 = 5 (green deposit numbers)
Oct 10
Then 40 was needed to pay for the 45 plan (green deposit charge)
45 now on hand was used to pay for the plan (black payment number)

Did you perhaps just flip over a year of loyalty? What was your loyalty on Sep 9?

I don't see a price increase. In fact I wonder if you got another dollar taken off your payment from loyalty. I'd want to see your payment history from Sep 8 and 9.

Angel7

I was charged a total of $45 on the day I changed my plan which was a month ago Sept 9th for the same $45 (including) for 40GB but today I was charged $44.80 plus the $5 = $49.80 

It's on the images I sent. 

Explain how TF that works? Why the price increase for the same plan. 

After my conversation with CS I just stopped responding because it was pointless and he/she wasn't making any sense to me. I'll just change my provider before the next billing cycle… this ain't the first and you guys ain't it. BYE BYE!!! 

@Angel7 wrote:

On September 9th I decided to change my plan to $45 for 40GB and I was billed this amount of $45 including tax ( I was using a different payment method)

IMG_2596.jpeg

 It says here on my payment history… after that renewal I got the reward of $2 + $3 = $5 

IMG_2597.jpeg

IMG_2598.jpeg

 I had $5 on my account until today I was billed $44.80 on my updated payment method which I switched yesterday 

IMG_2599.jpeg

 Plus the $5 gone which means I was billed a total of $49.80 

Even the CS I'm message rn won't understand 

The  screen shot of the payment history is confirming what I've tried to explain this morning.  And no, you were not charged $49.80.  It says right in your screen shot that $40 were added to your available funds from your payment card at 2:52AM. The same entry also indicates that there will be $2 GST and $2.80 MB PST charged. This shows up as a total of $44.80 on your credit card statement.

It is all how things work around here. Your plan is $45, your rewards (total of $5) were credited to your account, the remainder $45 - $5 = $40 were taken from your payment card. With the $45 in available funds the plan cost of $45 was paid. The amount taken from your payment card is subject to GST + PST (or HST where applicable), that's why you see $44.80 on your credit card statement.

@Phil_Adelphus 

Newsflash: not everyone lives in the centre of the universe. While we do not have any indication which province the OP is in - based on the 12% tax (please point me to the Public Mobile plan that is charged $39.646 + 13% tax = $44.80?!) they have a BC or Manitoba number.

@Angel7 

which plan you switched to yesterday?

if you have the $45 plan, it is correct.  PM uses the $5 Available Fund towards it and the charge you the remaining + tax,   $40 +tax.  Remember the tax   🙂

Angel7

On September 9th I decided to change my plan to $45 for 40GB and I was billed this amount of $45 including tax ( I was using a different payment method)

IMG_2596.jpeg

 It says here on my payment history… after that renewal I got the reward of $2 + $3 = $5 

IMG_2597.jpeg

IMG_2598.jpeg

 I had $5 on my account until today I was billed $44.80 on my updated payment method which I switched yesterday 

IMG_2599.jpeg

 Plus the $5 gone which means I was billed a total of $49.80 

Even the CS I'm message rn won't understand 

HI @Angel7 

$44.80 is $40 +tax. .. what plan do you have? $40? or $45 ? or more?

and, can you login to PM's My Account and check the transaction and post a screenshot like @wetcoaster 's.  It is easier for us to help

Angel7

The charge has been posted meaning they took the amount 

@Angel7 wrote:

I had $5 as funds on my public mobile account and my plan is $45 for $40 and I was billed $44.80 

IMG_2590.jpeg

 that's my online banking app for the transaction public mobile billed me for 

@Angel7 - that charge says PENDING. And it was only listed as of today. Once authorized it may go to a different amount.

What does it say in your payment history in your My Account: https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history

@wetcoaster   "$44.80 = $40 + 12%tax"   In Ontario the tax would be 13%.

@Angel7 wrote:

I had $5 as funds on my public mobile account and my plan is $45 for $40 and I was billed $44.80 

IMG_2590.jpeg

I stand by my explanation above.

The screen shot is there to explain how rewards are added, I can't exactly replicate your scenario since I don't have an account with exactly your plan and reward numbers.

If you post your payment history (all personal data removed, of course, we are just customers like you), we could adjust the explanation to what actually happened?

Angel7

IMG_2590.jpeg

@Angel7 wrote:

$45 for 40GB… and no, yesterday I changed my payment method on the app in which I saw in my account “available funds $5” and “amount due to be paid  $39.80” but I was deducted $44.80 instead 

Since the switch to the new My Account software, and with that the application times of the $ rewards, the payment  prediction page is not programmed properly. Depending on your plan and the time you are checking it, it is off by the rewards amount. $ rewards are applied in the afternoon before renewal night, but the payment prediction doesn't account for that. So for a few hours, between rewards applied and renewal, the payment predictions is accounting for twice the rewards. The system will only deduct the available funds (which include the rewards applied earlier in the day) at renewal. It gets even more convoluted on 90day plans...

Working with the numbers provided, it seems to have worked correctly:

$44.80 = $40 + 12%tax

(plan cost - available funds) + tax = ($45 - &5) + 4.40 = $44.80

Edited to add screen shot - note that community rewards, if applicable, are added to available funds as they are handed out.

Screenshot 2023-10-10 07.25.59.png

@Angel7   If you're sure your bill was wrong then best to contact customer service by private message, click here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

You'll need to monitor your private message inbox for a reply.

Angel7

YES, I WAS TAXE… But I still got debited more. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Angel7   Are you accounting for tax?

Angel7

This is the community… I already sent a message here 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Angel7 

CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to the Customer Support Agents by clicking here 

You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Angel7

$45 for 40GB… and no, yesterday I changed my payment method on the app in which I saw in my account “available funds $5” and “amount due to be paid  $39.80” but I was deducted $44.80 instead 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Angel7 

what plan are you on? are you sure that the 39.80 did not have the $5 already added to the final bill you were looking at? PM usually deducts your discounts to the final bill before the total amount is withdrawn on your renewal date

Angel7

I need it now… call in? Does PM have a cell number? They don't even respond? 😑

BrittanyT

It should show up on your next payment or you call in see if they can do it for you right away 

Angel7

That sucks. How can I get mine back? 

BrittanyT

It happen before to me and it was a glitch in the system I got it after in my next payment

Need Help? Let's chat.