cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay set up, account suspended and cannot get any help

savitarl12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have autopay set up, and today my bill was supposed to be charged on credit through it, but account is suspended even though the credit card is valid and had no issues otherwise.

Tried to get help through online support but issue was not coming up so it was going in circles 😑. Id rather not use a voucher when i have everything set up through autopay already. I seen others with similar issues so maybe there's a solution out there already.

11 REPLIES 11

@emmahowlett 

As I mentioned in my post....but maybe not clear....

1. Do not make more than two payments or attempted payments per hour or every attempt thereafter will fail. Multiple consecutive attempts will trigger the account to be flagged.
  2. Space every two payments or attempts an hour apart.
  3. More than four attempted payments with the same card will trigger a fraud alert on the card that will have to be removed by the moderators.
  4. Your card issuer can tell you if they have flagged your card for possible fraud. If pm has flagged your card or account you must contact the moderators if you suspect this has happened.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@emmahowlett : If your services aren't working then you can buy vouchers at many stores or online and remit them through the 611 service. Or Instant Top-up in a few stores.

Then at least you have services and time to figure out what's wrong with the payment card.

@emmahowlett wrote:

Hey i didn't get a fraud alert but kept trying to no avail. what should I do? 

@emmahowlett - are you currently without services? And after trying other's suggestions still cannot make a payment to reactivate?

Contact Moderators for help.

1 - Put in a ticket through SIMon Bot (usually faster method to get in contact with the Public Mobile Moderators) by clicking on the bottom, right chat bubble.
OR
2 - Private message the moderators here (slower method): https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

emmahowlett
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey i didn't get a fraud alert but kept trying to no avail. what should I do? 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@savitarl12 wrote:

I have autopay set up, and today my bill was supposed to be charged on credit through it, but account is suspended even though the credit card is valid and had no issues otherwise.

Tried to get help through online support but issue was not coming up so it was going in circles 😑. Id rather not use a voucher when i have everything set up through autopay already. I seen others with similar issues so maybe there's a solution out there already.

@savitarl12 

Do you still have services? If yes, this could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew. So if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

If you have no services, follow other's suggestions to make a payment.

I would let the Moderators know of this Autopay failure.

And, also ensure all rewards were or will be provided to you.

Methods to contact the Moderators: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator123

yup.. thanks.. will do so..  🙂

@softech 

You need to add in the "enter 4 digit acct pin #" in the 611 card payment section.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@savitarl12 : Gonna need your 4 digit PIN for those 611 instructions above.

@savitarl12 

Unfortunately this happens on occasion hopefully its your one and only.....

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Did you try manual payment via My Account  or via 611:

1. Logon to My Account 

2.Click on the Payment Tab

3. Click on the One Time Payment

4. Then pay Amount Due

5.  If successful, check if My Account main page still have the button Reactivate current plan, if so, click on it

6. Reboot your phone

via 611 (update:  if you know your PIN)

1. Call *611 on your phone

2. Press 1 to Make Payments

3. Press 2 for credit card

4. Press 1 for Amount Due.

If it said successful, you can then reboot your phone

If it is not successful, you can hang up and try 611 again with a difference choice:

1. Call *611 on your phone

2. Press 1 to Make Payments

3. Press 2 for credit card

4. Press 2 for Manual Choices

4. Press the appropriate #, pay the amount just above your current plan.  For example, press 2 for $40 if you are on $25 plan.

If it said successful, you can then reboot your phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact the mods!!! ... joking

more to come

----------------

Can you try doing a manual payment from that registered payment card. Sometimes autopay fails for some folks.

Need Help? Let's chat.