cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay questions if I have a card on file and credits too

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a credit card on file for autopay and I also have credits when I paid in advance (long story)

My question is, if I take out the credit card on file, will it deduct payment from my available credits?

The reason I ask this is that I want to suspend service temporarily for at least a month when I go out of country.  So I plan to take out the credit card on file (because thats what other people have done in the past, so that the plan is temporarily suspended), but in my case I still have enough credits in the account for at least another month of my plan

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

JC29

Thank you all.  Everyone has been of great help!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JC29 wrote:

Hi,

How do I remove the credits from the account?  And can I restore them back once I need them?

I don't believe you can remove the credits, however, if you don't want your credits to pay for your plan, then do as suggested by @geopublic  and report your phone lost.  This will stop your account from being re-activated until you report your phone found and your balance should be available at that point to renew your cycle.

JC29

Hi,

How do I remove the credits from the account?  And can I restore them back once I need them?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JC29  Yes you can remove your credit because your plan renewal will use your available funds for your renewal.

As for suspending your account since you still have funds in your account best to the lost stolen method and declared you phone found when you return.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JC29 wrote:

I have a credit card on file for autopay and I also have credits when I paid in advance (long story)

My question is, if I take out the credit card on file, will it deduct payment from my available credits?

The reason I ask this is that I want to suspend service temporarily for at least a month when I go out of country.  So I plan to take out the credit card on file (because thats what other people have done in the past, so that the plan is temporarily suspended), but in my case I still have enough credits in the account for at least another month of my plan

Any ideas?

Removing credit card info and autopay will stop your plan at renewal if there's no $$ in Available Funds. After 90 days the account will close for good. Less than 89 days and you can renew it.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JC29 wrote:

Any ideas?

Yes if you have enough funds available in your balance.  Your account will suspend when there is no payment and you will have 90 days from suspension (120 days from last payment) to re-activate your account. 

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It will always take money from your balance first

You could try to report your phone lost that should stop all the activities on your account until you report it found when you get back.

Just make sure you don't let it sit like that for 90 days or you will lose your account and everything on it including your number and money

Need Help? Let's chat.