cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay - Credit Card not processed - Credit card is fine though

chelseaglover11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

Is public mobile systems down? I have my account on autopay, with the same credit card that I have been using for months now, and this time it did not want to charge it. I tried using mine and then my husband's, but both did not work. I ended up using my visa debit to reactivate my account. I contacted my Credit Card provider and they told me that the credit card is working fine and that they did not see the attempts I did, to try and reactivate. 

I am wondering if this is happening to other people and whether or not public mobile systems are down?

8 REPLIES 8

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chelseaglover11 wrote:

@Spudster 

I tried that, and that did not work. 

@chelseaglover11 

I would recommend waiting 1 full hour, then try the step-by-step process again.  It's been said that sometimes the system will "lock" an attempt to add a payment card and waiting 1 hour somehow removes that lock.

If the system will not let you proceed, following the previously outlined steps, contact the moderators to advise them that your previously used payment card is no longer being accepted for use.

Here's how to reach them:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@chelseaglover11 

The payment system is finicky at times.  

If you tried all the above troubleshooting ideas, then you may need to contact moderator to help set up your autopay with your credit card.  

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Payment problem. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

chelseaglover11

@Triguy 

I tried going back and topping up just now with my credit card and it won't let me. It says that it could not confirm credit card information.

chelseaglover11

@Spudster 

I tried that, and that did not work. 

chelseaglover11

@Dunkman

I have removed my credit card and it now has my visa debit. I would much rather have my credit card but I still will not let me add it. I removed auto pay from my account and still will not accept my credit card.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes Autopay fails. Some PM customers will manually top up money into Available Funds a day or two before next renewal as a backup.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chelseaglover11 

When updating credit card info, make sure to do the following:

1. Clear your browser's cache & cookies
  2. Use incognito mode
  3. Select "Manage My Card"
  4. Select "replace card"
  5. Type your address exactly as from your billing statement
  6.  Don't use a space in the postal code
  7.  Use ALL CAPS if necessary
  8.  Type everything, not letting autofill complete any fields

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@chelseaglover11 

No known PM system issue, but autopay has been known to fail intermittently for different customers.  The good news is that you got your account working with your Visa debit.  

You can try your credit card later.  Make sure that the address exactly matches the credit card billing address.  Maybe clear cache or incognito mode.  Try to manually load $1 to see whether your credit card was successfully registered.  

Need Help? Let's chat.