cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay Failure

ben_wb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good morning everyone,

This morning I received a text from PM stating that my “plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment.” Going into my account, I found that it was suspended.

I am set up for AutoPay, which has worked correctly for the years I’ve been on PM. I did not receive any warning that it had failed, and in fact it says in my dashboard that AutoPay is set up.

I have made a manual payment in order to reinstate my service. What should I expect from PM regarding the AutoPay function? Will it continue to fail? Should I plan to pay manually to avoid service interruption?

Any guidance on this issue would be appreciated.

benny

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@carriewong2312 

In your self serve account?

o contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

carriewong2312
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Suffer the same as OP even though I have 50 dollars available fund in my account (hence for sure not credit card's problem). It seems that they are having autopay failure lately cos me and my son have had the same problem.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ben_wb wrote:

Good morning everyone,

This morning I received a text from PM stating that my “plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment.” Going into my account, I found that it was suspended.

I am set up for AutoPay, which has worked correctly for the years I’ve been on PM. I did not receive any warning that it had failed, and in fact it says in my dashboard that AutoPay is set up.

I have made a manual payment in order to reinstate my service. What should I expect from PM regarding the AutoPay function? Will it continue to fail? Should I plan to pay manually to avoid service interruption?

Any guidance on this issue would be appreciated.

benny

@ben_wb 

Great, that you knew what action to take to get activated again.

If this was an Autopay failure, I would let the Customer Support Agents (CSA) know.

But, that is just me. I expect Autopay to work every time (unless my card is expired or something on my end).

Ensure all rewards were provided to you as well. You never know what could hiccup.

Methods to contact the Customer Support Agents (CSA): https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

@Anonymous  It's kinda like throwing a handful of darts and hope that one of them sticks to the dartboard. Sometimes one of them hits the bullseye by chance.

@ben_wb 

There are a myriad of reasons autopay can fail. The most common is an expired card but this is not the case for you as you were able to make a manual payment. If it happens again on your next renewal then it would be prudent to contact customer support and have a CSA open a ticket with the tech team to look into your account to discover the cause.

I was one of those customers who chose to make a manual payment before renewal to ensure that I would not have the possibility of suffering an autopay failure. It's your choice to take a few minutes out of your day to top up your account before renewal to have that same peace of mind. But as previously stated there are hundreds of thousands of customers who never encounter this issue. It's luck of the draw....too bad that luck doesn't include a check with a number followed by six zeroes on it.😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@walker1 wrote:

@Anonymous   Sorry but I think you misunderstood what the OP was saying and asking for. lol

@walker1 : Why say sorry? It's yet another misinterpretation by them. But then they do luck out on occasion. Like a little earlier with an APN suggestion. I ate some crow...not quite a mu...um...flock.

@Anonymous   Sorry but I think you misunderstood what the OP was saying and asking for. lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ben_wb 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$ !

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. how much you see at Amount Due:$ ! you will do manually enter Amount: $ ! + $1 extra

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9. after payment gone through, you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$ ! has the amount left,
and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

if still not fix it you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ben_wb : It was your lucky day. I would keep an eye out for the next renewal and half an eye out for subsequent ones. There are people that do a manual payment before their renewal just to be sure. But for the many hundreds of thousands of customers (like you) autopay keeps working fine. Until it doesn't. Then you deal with it. Like you.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Auto pay does seem to happen from time to time. Public Mobile is aware of the situation. Complete resolution seems rather elusive.  

Need Help? Let's chat.