cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Pay not working, account suspended

HWinter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been using Auto pay for PM for 6 months and there has been no issue but today my acount has been suspended. I recieved a text message saying "Your plan did not renew because we did not recieve your payment" but there is more than enough funds on my credit card and now my phone isnt working.

5 REPLIES 5

TK123
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ensure that your Public Mobile "Name" and "Address" are EXACTLY the same as your credit card bill - Don't use a space between the 3rd and 4th character on your postal code and Don't use the Apartment field on Public Mobile. Put it in the address field.

@HWinter

Maybe check the credit card expiry date.  Some people had their credit card changed to a different "brand" which caused some autopay failures.  

Can also try a different web browser, clearing cache or going into incognito/privacy mode.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HWinter  buy a voucher from recharge.com (they charge service fee but no tax (works out about the same price) get your service going then deal with teh cc issues

delete current credit card

add it again

HWinter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@RobertQc It wont allow me to use my credit card for manual payment.

"Unable to process this transaction. 
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

I have used this card for for all previous transactions and there are funds available.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@HWinter wrote:

I have been using Auto pay for PM for 6 months and there has been no issue but today my acount has been suspended. I recieved a text message saying "Your plan did not renew because we did not recieve your payment" but there is more than enough funds on my credit card and now my phone isnt working.

@HWinter

"Simply make a one-time payment from the “Payment” tab in Self-Serve and opt to pay the “Amount Due”. This will cover the new plan cost less any partial payment that was taken. After successful payment, your services should be fully reactivated. If your services aren’t restored, please reach out to our Moderator Team ASAP and they will help get things sorted out. "

If your current "amount due" shows $0, try private browsing / incognito mode or call 611.

If no matter what you try you cannot make a payment with your card you can go to recharge.com and purchase a payment voucher.

If you are still in a "current market plan" you can try doing a one time manual payment and then doing a plan change. Once paid if it still doesn't reactivate you can try the "lost/stolen" trick or add another manual $1 payment. LOST/ STOLEN TRICK HERE Remember to reboot your phone after each step.

Unfortunately, sometimes auto pay fails. Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service.

Need Help? Let's chat.