cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Pay No Longer Working - Card Cannot be "Verified" (Help?)

xiotisa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I set up auto-pay ages ago, everything was working great.  This month I got a notification that my payment did not go through and I have 90 days to make a payment or my account will be suspended.  Called Visa, they see no charges attempted by Public Mobile but there is no block on their end.

Removed card. Added again. Still says "Cannot Verify Payment".  Looks like Public Mobile has blocked my card for some reason.  Trying to open a ticket, when I get to the end and request SMS 4-digit confirm to submit, the code never arrives.  The login option says my password is incorrect, but I can login just fine to my dashboard.  

No clue what to do, I can't contact a Mod.  

Help? Anyone experience this before?

14 REPLIES 14

xiotisa

Super, thank you.

@xiotisa  as mentioned you should have more options to verify via the chat bot.

I just did it.

Screenshot_20210106_095653.jpg

1- Verify by SMS 

2 - Verify by account. Meaning you log into your account.

3- Verify by 4 digit pin 

4 - Can't verify. Then you will have a series of questions to answer.

xiotisa

No not the 4-digit PIN I used to set up the account.

When you open a ticket they send you an SMS 4-digit PIN

@xiotisa wrote:

Kind of defeats the purpose of "auto-pay", but it is what it is. 

Thanks for this!

@xiotisa You are preaching to the choir! LOL

@xiotisa  I think you mean your 4 digit pin that you choose when you first signed up with Public Mobile. That's what you have to enter. However going through Simon the chat bot it also gives you other options to verify your account. Does it not for you?

Do you not remember the 4 digit pin you picked? 

If you don't you'll have to ask moderators for that as well.

You can simply click the link below and you will be able to private message them through these forums. So you don't have to deal with the chat bot.

Click below link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

As for you 4 digit pin. If you have an Android phone and it's the original one you used when joining you might be able to find the pin in sim card messages.

Open message app

Top right, middle or bottom click the 3 dots

Go to settings

Go to advanced

Go to sim card messages

Otherwise ask moderators while you deal with the payment issue.

xiotisa

Thanks for the tip, once this gets sorted out maybe I'll do that going forward.  Kind of defeats the purpose of "auto-pay", but it is what it is. 

Thanks for this!

@xiotisa wrote:

I tried that.  In order to submit the ticket (last step) I need to receive a 4-digit SMS PIN on. my phone and enter it on the webpage.  The SMS code never arrives, because, account is "expired".  A cyclical problem.

@xiotisa Try the link below to send a private message. Be prepared to prove that you are the account owner.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

xiotisa

I tried that.  In order to submit the ticket (last step) I need to receive a 4-digit SMS PIN on. my phone and enter it on the webpage.  The SMS code never arrives, because, account is "expired".  A cyclical problem.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@xiotisa  to go along with @kb_mv  suggestion.

Many manually add the funds. When they receive the payment reminder text from 611 that is sent 2/3 days in advance.

Screenshot_20210106_094640.jpg

@xiotisa wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

The issue isn't that the card info is being added incorrectly - the card in question had already been used to set-up auto-pay from the get-go.  It's worked fine every month for many many months. The card is still valid, not expired and no blocks.  Visa has confirmed & they can't help because although they see PM has been charging this card every month previous to this month, no attempt to apply a charge for January shows up on Visa's end.  

Super frustrating.

@xiotisa I can imagine your frustration. We do see it here where the "AutoPay" feature fails. It has nothing to do with your card and everything to do with the company's payment platform. Once you get it sorted out maybe do the following. What I and a lot of the longer time customers do is leave the card on for the autopay reward and before the payment is due, go in and make a manual payment. You still get the reward and your "autopay" can never fail as you always have the required funds in your account.

@xiotisa 

You'll have to open a ticket for moderator's (they work for PM) to investigate.

Screenshot_20210104_110512.jpg

  

Or private message them at link below.

xiotisa

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

The issue isn't that the card info is being added incorrectly - the card in question had already been used to set-up auto-pay from the get-go.  It's worked fine every month for many many months. The card is still valid, not expired and no blocks.  Visa has confirmed & they can't help because although they see PM has been charging this card every month previous to this month, no attempt to apply a charge for January shows up on Visa's end.  

Super frustrating.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@xiotisa  If you cannot call 611, check the last 4 digits of thye SIM in your phone against the one listed in your self serve account under Change SIM.

A mismatch indicates your account has been compromised; you should change the account password immediately then check PayPal, banks, and credit/debit cards for fraudulent charges.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@xiotisa wrote:

I set up auto-pay ages ago, everything was working great.  This month I got a notification that my payment did not go through and I have 90 days to make a payment or my account will be suspended.  Called Visa, they see no charges attempted by Public Mobile but there is no block on their end.

Removed card. Added again. Still says "Cannot Verify Payment".  Looks like Public Mobile has blocked my card for some reason.  Trying to open a ticket, when I get to the end and request SMS 4-digit confirm to submit, the code never arrives.  The login option says my password is incorrect, but I can login just fine to my dashboard.  

No clue what to do, I can't contact a Mod.  

Help? Anyone experience this before?

@xiotisa   You can purchase a voucher from retailers like Canadian Tire, London Drugs, Walmart and convenience/gas stores and load the voucher either via online self serve or by dialling 611 to make payment to your account until your CC issue is sorted.  Just be aware some voucher funds don't become available for several hours.

When adding your CC to the account make sure the billing address matches your CC/bank statement and no spacing for the postal code.  Also make sure to clear your cache/cookies and use a different browser with incognito/privacy mode enabled before entering your CC details.

You can send a private message to Moderator_Team via this link if the ticket submission is giving you problems: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.