cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attn: Please submit a ticket about the midnight rewards texts

Ergophile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No matter how many times I submit a ticket about the rewards texts that come in once a month at midnight, the agents handling the tickets don't seem to understand that this is something they're doing regularly to all their users. We need to submit tickets en masse.

There are workarounds so you don't have to hear the texts, sure. What we need though is for Public Mobile to get a programmer to fix the am/pm mix-up for all users.

Please submit a ticket on the issue. Be clear this is the rewards notification text, that Public Mobile is doing it to all their users, and that you want them to stop, not just help you find a workaround for your own singular account. We need a critical mass of ticket requests on the issue to get them to recognize the problem. 

14 REPLIES 14

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Lol....stay up late or get up early? That would be 3am for easterners!

@darlicious wrote:

@Ergophile 

This is the guy in charge.....get him on it.

darren.entwistle@telus.com

@darlicious   are you suggesting mid-night email?  Which time zone?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ergophile 

This is the guy in charge.....get him on it.

darren.entwistle@telus.com

Ergophile

I've sent them at least one ticket a month about it since the beginning of the year. It's almost like they text me every month to remind me to submit a support ticket. 

@Ergophile   I surely agree what you have said.  It is easy programming but PM might have their reason.

We are just customers here.   So, I guess you  should open a ticket with PM and let them know , at least have it on the record.  I don't know how many tickets like this are needed, but every one matters

Ergophile

Well good for you but it's a midnight text for the tens of thousands of users in this time zone and has been for many months. If customer service can't fix a five-minute programming issue with auto-texts in the course of a year then I shouldn't be paying them this much for service. I promise that this one fix isn't going to take long enough to back up the entire national customer service desk. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ergophile 

For some of us it's a 9pm text....or a 10pm text etc....and really not that bothersome and certainly not to bother some CSA's while other customers with much more urgent issues wait because customer support is backed up answering support tickets for a minor complaint.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ergophile   Yes, it has been like this for sometime.  Many have opened ticket but PM still prefers the "Midnight madness"

A workaround that I used is to add *611 in my contact, then select selective ringer to it, make it silent.  In this case, it won't wake you up and you won't miss the text.  You can always go back and check .

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541   i believe PM, with the pull out from retail, that new customers will be tech savvy, and well informed as to what PM is and is not,  but i do not believe that is the case for some of the customers that joined through retail, as evidenced by the often i want to talk to a real person posts etc...  as to why they send the sms i think its a marketing thing, wow i saved x$ , earned x points  , and it is a decent way to "track" referals.  

messenabout
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't seem to get any text messages from them with you know the surprise limited time get one free gig etc I don't get any of those anymore for some reason and I could surely use them right now couldn't I?

messenabout
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It was supposed to say above there's airplane mode. Maybe you can have your notification sound one of those noises / not noises on certain frequencies that will only enhance your sleep. I'm kind of kidding now but maybe there is. Device manual, PDF.

@mimmo wrote:

I understand the issue but not why the workarounds are so troublesome. As mentioned make notifications silent, or set phone up to don't disturb from 11pm to 5 am daily ( it's what I do) as it stops spam callers aswell and lets me get a good night sleep .

While some won't agree with me, I don't find any of the 611 text messages to be useful and I block them all.  I'd ask the question as to why Public Mobile is even sending customers a text message to say that rewards are applied.  Public Mobile customers are tech savvy and this is a self serve carrier.  I believe that members of such a customer base generally check these things for themselves.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I understand the issue but not why the workarounds are so troublesome. As mentioned make notifications silent, or set phone up to don't disturb from 11pm to 5 am daily ( it's what I do) as it stops spam callers aswell and lets me get a good night sleep .

@Ergophile wrote:

No matter how many times I submit a ticket about the rewards texts that come in once a month at midnight, the agents handling the tickets don't seem to understand that this is something they're doing regularly to all their users. We need to submit tickets en masse.

There are workarounds so you don't have to hear the texts, sure. What we need though is for Public Mobile to get a programmer to fix the am/pm mix-up for all users.

Please submit a ticket on the issue. Be clear this is the rewards notification text, that Public Mobile is doing it to all their users, and that you want them to stop, not just help you find a workaround for your own singular account. We need a critical mass of ticket requests on the issue to get them to recognize the problem. 

This is something that Public Mobile is already fully aware of. Unfortunately, opening a ticket won't get this fixed as this isn't something that a customer support agent would be able to correct. I agree that these messages in the middle of the night are entirely unacceptable and I'm shocked that Public Mobile has not corrected this issue after this amount of time.   Your only real choice is to either block text messages from 611 or to silence the notifications from this number. 

Need Help? Let's chat.