cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you allowed to have more than one username for Community per account?

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just curious.  Thanks 

41 REPLIES 41

@Luddite 

Geez....how is my post berating oracles? It's a simple observation. As soon as any reference is made about Oracle contributions or participation the wagons get circled. What point would there be in contacting management or reporting a post? For what an observation? I used an observation to make my point to @computergeek541 about why a customer may choose to use each individual community profile to earn rewards for each of their accounts rather than just using one like I do and then having to change their community account email to redistribute their community reward to an account that can actually use the reward. It would be easier to earn a lower reward for each account and not have to fiddle around redistributing the reward. Maybe the bigger question here is why is the oracle team so defensive when the topic of participation is brought up?

I suppose you can count yourself lucky that my aspirations to earn the highest reward are pretty much nonexistent. Might be wiser to be grateful that I didn't make a real concentrated effort to become one.😁

@darlicious  This new design is painful with my phone. Yuk 🤪

Suggest it is beyond time to desist from berating Oracles. Please take it up with PM management, or flag the CSAs if you see inappropriate content. 

Do you really want to compete with us full time? Might to wiser to be grateful we are making room for new members to participate early in threads. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@ShawnC13 

I fully realize their are other duties oracles perform like @Luddite's daily reading thru and assigning solutions to threads but that is also why I said "traditional participation". But I also try not to reply to threads if I do not have anything new to add to it and that does not curtail my posting by very much. You cannot tell me the following stats are solely because of the reasons you stated.

1. 420/330/11
  2. 180/330/24
  3. 33/77/5
  4. 159/138/0
  5. 55/110/7
  6. 56/77/1
  7. 77/64/0
  8. 11/56/1
  9. 8/37/0

I made the the reference to point out to your fellow team mate how hard the upper level badges are to achieve compared to the lower two since maybe it's been a year since any current Oracle had to "earn" their community reward.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Based on recent statistics the participation needed to earn a community reward based on posts/bravos/solutions is approximately:

1. Top 1%:   750 - 1000/ 900 - 1300/ 30 - 100
  2. Top 5%:   375 - 900/ 375 - 700/ 25 - 50
  3. Top 10%: 100 - 300/ 150 - 350/ 2 - 20
  4. Top 25%: 10 - 100/ 40 - 150/ 0 - 10
  5. Top 50%  1 - 10+/ 5 - 40/ 0 - 1+

As an example the 2 oracles with the highest traditional participation stats could only hope to achieve the top 10%. Mull this over for the next 10 hours or so....and then you can understand ohw spreading your participation over several accounts can net a higher reward $$ then trying to achieve a higher reward....especially with there only being 2/6/8=16 badges awarded for the top 3 badge levels.

@darlicious, using Oracles in reference to reward levels handed out saying they could only hope to achieve the top 10% isn't a fair reference.  I actually once asked a "superuser" as to why they wouldn't bravo my posts.  I could post in a thread at the beginning in the middle but they would bravo posts before or after mine.  When I asked why (in case there was an issue I wasn't aware of) I got an answer of I don't bravo your posts as your reward is guaranteed.  I am sure there are many people who treat Oracles posts the same. That will lead to a lower Bravo count.  Post count can be largely attributed to Oracles not posting in a thread that has 8 people already posting the same information.  I and I am sure other Oracles are still spending a lot of time in here daily, reading, moving, editing, and some post more than others but I know myself I will not post unless I can add information or something may need clarification or correction if the wrong information is provided.  That is why I think it is unfair to compare Oracles to the reward structure.

Yes  I know I will get the comments that I come and defend Oracles, and I will admit I do as they are my Teammates.  I am and always have been a team player so to not stand up for them wouldn't make me a very good teammate.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Zyl 

I was referring to this statement:

Anything that's not allowed when posting on public community forums shouldn't be allowed on Private Messages either.  

Zyl

@darlicious wrote:

@Zyl 

Lol....private messaging is exactly that private. How do restrict what is said in private messages other than the spam/smut filter?

Edit:

Like how would you verify your account to a CSA?

We are not restricting what is being said, just who you can Private Message to.  How to verify?  By the same way that Public Mobile restricts the awarding of the community reward to email addresses linked to the self-serve account.  If the email address is not linked to the self-serve account, Private Message to CS_Agent ONLY, else, Private Message to everyone. 

@Zyl 

Lol....private messaging is exactly that private. How do restrict what is said in private messages other than the spam/smut filter?

Edit:

Like how would you verify your account to a CSA?

@CountyDownIeUk 

Yeah let's see more of those stained glass creations!

I have 3 phone numbers. 

I have 2 accounts fully paid for.

So I have 1 account to work on. When it’s topped up, mainly by referral rewards, either I say Sayonara or be involved with very few and selective topics using any one of my community accounts.  I want to be informed at that point only.

I have every intention to wean myself off from here and to not abuse the use of my accounts. My neglected hobby will produce a significant amount of funds to enable me to throw a few bucks into that 1 account as well...that will exceed any community rewards. 

Zyl

@darlicious wrote:

@Zyl 

With that scenario how does a new community account user get a referral code without either member breaking the community's terms of service?

Are the existing users of Public Mobile allowed to include his/her referral code in his/her signature in his/her post when posting on the community forum?  If yes, that would be the way for the new community account user to get the referral code.  If not because it's considered advertising or spam, then the existing user shouldn't be allowed to give the referral code in Private Messages either.  Anything that's not allowed when posting on public community forums shouldn't be allowed on Private Messages either.  Private Messages is part of the community forum and should get the same treatment as the forum and shouldn't be used to circumvent anything.  Private Messages should be just a way for private consensual socializing and reaching out to CS_Agent for help when needs to be imo.        

@Zyl 

With that scenario how does a new community account user get a referral code without either member breaking the community's terms of service?

Zyl

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Zyl wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

I believe for each phone number account you have under your control, you should be able to have a corresponding Community Account. 

As long as you do not:

Self patronize your self with bravos 

Do not converse with your other community Id's either way. 

FLOOD "other community members" from your multiple community accounts  with bravos 

Why not be able to work on specific accounts to allow a Community reward???

Sure you can change your email address in your community account to match a specific phone account but that does not work that well especially if your account renews in the first 6-7 days of the month. 

If someone has more than one Community account to get rewards for multiple plans, this would simply dilute the reward for each account because there's only so much time that someone could spend here.  I also agree that using the accounts to bravo each other, using the accounts to give people more than one bravo per post, or replying to the other username to drive post count up as being a no-no.  

Why would someone want to do that?  If you are allowed only one SIM card per account and each SIM card is unique then you would have to spend money to buy additional SIM cards and plans.  Why would anyone want to do that?  To spend more money just to get less money back?  I can see people using the extra community accounts to bravo themselves besides spamming just to get community rewards, but that's just earning community rewards on one user account because you can only have one email address linked to each user account and that is if bravo's really do count towards getting community rewards.     

I'm speaking of situations in which someone actually wants mroe than one plan, either for personal and businesss, or for family members.

Ok that would be fine.  They would have unlimited unrestricted Private Messaging capability with just the email address linked to any of these paid user accounts.  Nothing changed there.  Just the email addresses used to just create community accounts that are not linked to any paid user accounts would be restricted to Private Messages to CS_Agent ONLY and not to other user accounts. 

The rule is simple:  email address linked to user accounts:  Be able to Private Message everybody, other users and CS_Agent. 

email address not linked to any user accounts:  Private Message to CS_Agent ONLY

@computergeek541 

Based on recent statistics the participation needed to earn a community reward based on posts/bravos/solutions is approximately:

1. Top 1%:   750 - 1000/ 900 - 1300/ 30 - 100
  2. Top 5%:   375 - 900/ 375 - 700/ 25 - 50
  3. Top 10%: 100 - 300/ 150 - 350/ 2 - 20
  4. Top 25%: 10 - 100/ 40 - 150/ 0 - 10
  5. Top 50%  1 - 10+/ 5 - 40/ 0 - 1+

As an example the 2 oracles with the highest traditional participation stats could only hope to achieve the top 10%. Mull this over for the next 10 hours or so....and then you can understand why spreading your participation over several accounts can net a higher reward $$ then trying to achieve a higher reward....especially with there only being 2/6/8=16 badges awarded for the top 3 badge levels.

@Zyl wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

I believe for each phone number account you have under your control, you should be able to have a corresponding Community Account. 

As long as you do not:

FLOOD "other community members" from your multiple community accounts  with bravos 

Sure you can change your email address in your community account to match a specific phone account but that does not work that well especially if your account renews in the first 6-7 days of the month. 

If someone has more than one Community account to get rewards for multiple plans, this would simply dilute the reward for each account because there's only so much time that someone could spend here.  I also agree that using the accounts to bravo each other, using the accounts to give people more than one bravo per post, or replying to the other username to drive post count up as being a no-no.  

Why would someone want to do that?  If you are allowed only one SIM card per account and each SIM card is unique then you would have to spend money to buy additional SIM cards and plans.  Why would anyone want to do that?  To spend more money just to get less money back?  I can see people using the extra community accounts to bravo themselves besides spamming just to get community rewards, but that's just earning community rewards on one user account because you can only have one email address linked to each user account and that is if bravo's really do count towards getting community rewards.     

I'm speaking of situations in which someone actually wants mroe than one plan, either for personal and businesss, or for family members.

Zyl

@softech wrote:

@Zyl wrote:

The thing is I don't see any cost or energy or any efforts on Public Mobile's part to implement this tbh and the fact that it's run on by a 3rd-party is also a non-issue. 

I believe there is still some customization and programming involved.  They are 2 different systems and there has to be some ways to sync. The Community is using Khoros.  I am no Khoros expert but I imagine PM is just open the box and use it with very minimum customization.

A Community upgrade is just around the corner, maybe PM will surprise us with something GREAT?

That's what I am thinking and hoping for too.  

Zyl

@computergeek541 wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

As long as you do not:

@Zyl wrote:

The thing is I don't see any cost or energy or any efforts on Public Mobile's part to implement this tbh and the fact that it's run on by a 3rd-party is also a non-issue. 

I believe there is still some customization and programming involved.  They are 2 different systems and there has to be some ways to sync. The Community is using Khoros.  I am no Khoros expert but I imagine PM is just open the box and use it with very minimum customization.

A Community upgrade is just around the corner, maybe PM will surprise us with something GREAT?

Zyl

The thing is I don't see any cost or energy or any efforts on Public Mobile's part to implement this tbh and the fact that it's run on by a 3rd-party is also a non-issue.  Every forum nowadays is pretty much run by a 3rd-party and that hasn't stopped them from implementing restrictions on non-users.  And this restriction doesn't really entail huge change; it's just preventing non-users without email addresses linked to a self-serve account from Private Messages other users, besides not receiving community rewards.  They are already able to set up restrictions on email addresses not linked to a self-serve account, what's another restriction on the same email addresses? 

I agree with @softech, it's an issue of will on Public Mobile's part but I am just puzzled why Public Mobile wouldn't want to do it when it's not providing any benefits to Public Mobile especially when it's not going to be something that's difficult to do.   

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

How so? It is quite easy to earn $1 or $2 but quite difficult to earn $5 and above. Earning $2×3 accounts is far easier than earning $5 on one account.

I admit that the $1 and $2 levels aren't difficult to acheive, but if someone is spending time spreading the posts out, that's going to make it that much harder to receive the higher reward levels.

@computergeek541 

How so? It is quite easy to earn $1 or $2 but quite difficult to earn $5 and above. Earning $2×3 accounts is far easier than earning $5 on one account.

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

As long as you do not:

As long as you do not:

@Zyl 

I spent 6 months giving pm a cheap option to pre-emptively eliminate the mass spamming going on in the community. If they can't be bothered to use that option all ideas put forth are moot. Preventing spamming is obviously not high on their priority list.

I agree that "linked with Self-Serve" account idea would work.. as long as PM willing to do something

My site are open for registration, and you can start using it right away but not full feature.  You have to confirm the email address to use the site 100%. 

The idea is the same.  If register for new Community account , you can post, you can message to CS Agent only. Then once PM confirmed your email address is used on PM Self-Serve, then your Community account is fully setup and you can then private message others.  

Of course, there is a bit of work, would PM do it?

@Zyl wrote:

@darlicious, I don't think you understand what I am proposing here.  I am not asking non-linked community accounts to be not allowed to Private Message.  I am only asking non-linked community accounts to be only able to Private Message Customer Service of Public Mobile, CS_Agent ONLY and not be able to Private Message other accout holders

"You can't restrict non linked community accounts from private messaging as non-account holders or customers with no idea of their self serve account details needing to cancel autopay for example need the ability to contact customer support." 

Non-account holders would be able to Private Message Customer Service with NO restrictions under my proposal as I have stated before.  Nothing is changed there.  They just won't be able to Private Message other account holders to spam, that's all.  In fact if non-account holders have self-serve account details, then they are in fact paying customers of Public Mobile; they are in fact account holders, so they definitely be able to Private Message Customer Service for them to inquire about their accounts etc.  I am only asking the people without a self-serve account but are just signing up for community accounts to not able to Private Message anyone else other than Customer Service so there is no spam.

These ideas are interesting, and they have been discussed before, but Public Mobile is relying on a third party to provide the software required to run this message board.  The options that Public Mobile has available would be limited to the options that are provided by that third party.

Zyl

@darlicious wrote:

@Zyl 

Community rewards badges can be given to any email address but the reward will go nowhere if there is no linked self serve account.

You can't restrict non linked community accounts from private messaging as non-account holders or customers with no idea of their self serve account details needing to cancel autopay for example need the ability to contact customer support.

What you are asking here while noble....pm has obviously decided that the cost far outweighs the benefit. Sorry to say but you are beating a dead horse here.....just read this....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/CAUTION-MORE-SPAMMERS/m-p/670323#M7612

@darlicious, I don't think you understand what I am proposing here.  I am not asking non-linked community accounts to be not allowed to Private Message.  I am only asking non-linked community accounts to be only able to Private Message Customer Service of Public Mobile, CS_Agent ONLY and not be able to Private Message other accout holders

"You can't restrict non linked community accounts from private messaging as non-account holders or customers with no idea of their self serve account details needing to cancel autopay for example need the ability to contact customer support." 

Non-account holders would be able to Private Message Customer Service with NO restrictions under my proposal as I have stated before.  Nothing is changed here.  They just won't be able to Private Message other account holders to spam, that's all.  In fact if non-account holders have self-serve account details, then they are in fact paying customers of Public Mobile; they are in fact account holders, so they would definitely be able to Private Message Customer Service for them to inquire about their accounts etc.  I am only asking the people without a self-serve account but are just signing up for community accounts to not able to Private Message anyone else other than Customer Service so there would be less spam.

So nothing is really taken away from anybody only the ability to spam others.  This is two birds one stone.  And I don't buy the fact it would have higher cost than benefit as spamming has no benefit to anyone (except to the spammers) and stopping spam would have all the benefits to Public Mobile so any cost (which in this case should be minimal) is worth it.  Like I said before, if they can restrict awarding of community rewards to just email addresses linked to an account, they can allow Private Messages to all to just email addresses linked to an account too.  

@Zyl 

Community rewards badges can be given to any email address but the reward will go nowhere if there is no linked self serve account.

You can't restrict non linked community accounts from private messaging as non-account holders or customers with no idea of their self serve account details needing to cancel autopay for example need the ability to contact customer support.

What you are asking here while noble....pm has obviously decided that the cost far outweighs the benefit. Sorry to say but you are beating a dead horse here.....just read this....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/CAUTION-MORE-SPAMMERS/m-p/670323#M7612

Zyl

@darlicious wrote:

@Zyl 

Well that's a nice thought.....

As is the multiple suggestions that have been made since the spammers began attacking the community. Since all you need is an email address or an email alias to create an account it would be impossible to enforce any kind of restriction. Although some online businesses do prevent email aliases from being used to create multiple accounts pm does not as it allows for multiple family accounts to be managed by one person with a little more ease. And thankfully for other sites like Marks it allows me for one to recieve their $15 off $50 email coupon several times over to get massive discounts on their merchandise.😁

If they can restrict awarding of the community reward to email addresses tied to an existing user account, they can restrict the Private Message function to only Customer Service of Public Mobile based on the same criteria. I would think so.  So that way any genuine potential customers can ask all the questions they want to Customer Service with no restrictions but we won't get the spam.  If we do, we "Ignore" them and we won't hear from them ever again since only email addresses tied to an existing user account is allowed to PM other existing users and only one email address is allowed per user account, so if they change their email address to a different one, then they won't be allowed to Private Message other users anymore.  🙂    

@Zyl  I agree that.

I always say there should be at least some restriction for Private Messaging for new Community members.  Like 1 private message a day unless they have enough post (like 10 posts?) .. they could be nice to allow new Community member to message CS Support team without  this restriction.

and yes, only allow PM Subscribers with email linked to PM Self-Serve account is a good way too 

@Zyl 

Well that's a nice thought.....

As is the multiple suggestions that have been made since the spammers began attacking the community. Since all you need is an email address or an email alias to create an account it would be impossible to enforce any kind of restriction. Although some online businesses do prevent email aliases from being used to create multiple accounts pm does not as it allows for multiple family accounts to be managed by one person with a little more ease. And thankfully for other sites like Marks it allows me for one to recieve their $15 off $50 email coupon several times over to get massive discounts on their merchandise.😁

Need Help? Let's chat.