cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we not getting community rewards this month?

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I swear there, at least in the past been an announcement of that month's community top contributors by today. As it's considered to the 6th of the next month to determine who get's what. And it usually comes out the next day or two. Well it's day 3 and still no announcement and I do not see anything that would give me a clue as to what I would get.

I checked the selfservice account to see if I am getting anything off. Nope. I check myrewards. NOPE. I check my community page for a little badge, and again, NOPE. This has to be related to them (Telus) merging the back ends and making regular telus employees do this, instead of having its own dedicated department. So does anyone have any idea when, IF we would know this

37 REPLIES 37

brettster99

@dabr @darlicious @softech @dust2dust Okay got my badge. Top 10%. So I will see if I got it thanks everyone

@brettster99   Hopefully, now that the badges have been awarded, your community reward is also in your account but I understand your frustration as it shouldn't be necessary for you to have to keep messageing CSA's or Jade in order to get what you're entitled to.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99 

Congratulations! You did even better than the Univac 5000 even predicted! Don't spend it all in one place!! Oh wait you can only spend it in one place? 🤔😉😀😄😆😁🤪🤑

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99 

You will just have to wait until the badges come out and then you can ask for your community reward. I had my community reward go amiss in May of this year that happened to coincide with a very late announcement  of the community rewards so I waited nearly a month to finally recieve my reward. The delay in announcing this month may mean something is amiss this month?

@brettster99  but anyone replied?  I thought you said Jade was looking into it

brettster99

@darlicious @softech @dabr  STILL NOTHING. I’m seriously frustrated now 

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

Inflation....it's wreaking havoc on the Univac 5000's electricity bill! I fired it up to celebrate the return of @brettster99 and @LitlLdy to the community.

Like many customers on here I’m in the land of the forgotten with rewards, points, bonuses, gifts & so on! 🤣

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Inflation....it's wreaking havoc on the Univac 5000's electricity bill! I fired it up to celebrate the return of @brettster99 and @LitlLdy to the community.

brettster99

@dust2dust @softech @darlicious  Thank you 🙂

@brettster99- Google univac. Wikipedia does not mention a 5000. Around here it's just an old joke about all the efforts that darlicious puts in computing/guesstimating the reward levels.

@brettster99 wrote:

@softech What is the Univac 5000?

@brettster99 

Univac 5000 and us, guess who is the lady there?

Uniavc 5000 Uniavc 5000

brettster99

@softech What is the Univac 5000?

@darlicious wrote:

@brettster99 

Oh bubble boy.....according to the Univac 5000 your a sold top 25% statistical measure.

@darlicious   you have not fire up the Univac 5000 for so many months.. i was a bit worry   🙂

brettster99

@darlicious  At least I am not the only one. It's just really disappointing. It used to work a lot better then this from what I remember back in 2020 or 2021.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99 

Oh bubble boy.....according to the Univac 5000 your a solid top 25% contributor but fear not you are not the only one seemingly missing their community reward for November. However since the Univac 5000 is considered obsolete technology one must wait for badges to be awarded to see if a member has been overlooked unless by experience you know better (like yourself).

But really this shouldn't happen considering how solutions by regular members for customers have nearly tripled while the number of reward badges continue to drop. In the meantime contributions by the oracle team have lessened in the past 2 years improving slightly since the reintroduction of the bravo leaderboard that has brought back a certain amount of accountability for the entire community.

According to the Univac 5000 computing estimates there are approximately 72 community badges to be awarded for November (unless there are more missing community rewards than it appears? 🤔) All stats fed into the Univac 5000 are unofficial and estimates only but the numbers spat out are as follows:

• Oracles=9×$20=$180
  • Top 1%=2×$15=$30
  • Top 5%=7×$10=$70
  • Top10%=8×$5=$40
  • Top 25%=14×$2=$28 
  • Top 50%=32×$1=$32
  • Top % badges=$200
  • +Oracles         =$180
  • Total rewards=$380

Estimated solutions for November**=900 (Top %=807/Oracles=93)

Cost per solution: Top %=$0.2478  Top 2=$0.1369  Top 4=$0.1466  Top 9=$0.1526

Oracles=$1.935  Top 2=$0.5797  Top 4=$1.066  Other 4*=$10.00  (*1/no solutions)

**English community forum stats only (French stats unavailable)

It's important to remember Oracles perform other duties within the community that are not reflected in a statistical measure.

@brettster99    Good to know it's being looked into, really can't imagine why you didn't receive them already.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I got mine for November a few days ago. The $s show in My Rewards. 

A long time ago someone found that a very long email address was to blame.

brettster99

@dabr  Nope. Jade is looking into it 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@brettster99   So you've received your Community rewards now? 

brettster99

@softech  I had to direct messeage them as I tried over 6 times with SIMon and it did not work. I never had issues with it before. Another thing that has drastically went downhill

@brettster99   CS agent won't reply with your tag here

you can wait couple more days for the official rewards announcement  and the badge for November.  Or you can open ticket with CS agent 

brettster99

@softech @HALIMACS @golfball @Outdoorsman @will13am  so what you all are saying is that I won't get it since it's still not there. I do not have any rewards at all for helping out. 0. This is really disheartning @CS_Agent this is really disappointing. Everything is the same, in terms of emails used to link each other. I am going to submit a ticket but I am not getting my hopes up

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@brettster99   the rewards were posted to our account on the 6th.   If you check earnings on My Rewards, you should see an amount under Give Back (assuming you are on the old rewards system)

@golfball wrote:

This is fuelling my fears of the shutdown rumours being true, I need that post. 😅

@golfball  this rumour comes up every couple months and have been like this for years.  There will be more rumours in the next couple years, but rumours are rumours

Thanks for the shortcut @dabr  😊

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Outdoorsman wrote:

@golfball wrote:

This is fuelling my fears of the shutdown rumours being true, I need that post. 😅

@golfball hi I don't believe those rumours for a second they are putting to much effort into enticing new customers with all the great promo,rewards and giveaways,they will have to drag me outta here lol 

I would agree but I just can't get past the possibility of higher-ups at Telus blindsiding the PM staff with something like that. I do agree with your second point, I like this provider and the value they offer and it would be a shame to see it go. 

@golfball wrote:

@golfball hi I don't believe those rumours for a second they are putting to much effort into enticing new customers with all the great promo,rewards and giveaways,they will have to drag me outta here lol 

golfball
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Need Help? Let's chat.