Did you mean: 

App

Mar1a
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there an app for Public Mobile?

20 REPLIES 20

@computergeek541 wrote:

@SWP wrote:

Yes. I think maybe the difference is that I checked the box that it was a trusted device for the first time when I logged in as my wife. I have my own account account. 

The trusted device option has never worked for me on any device or my phone.  Even with the app, I am always required to both log in an provide the 2FA code even after checking that option.

That sucks @computergeek541 . I had to check that option a few times, but so far haven't done it recently.

@SWP wrote:

Yes. I think maybe the difference is that I checked the box that it was a trusted device for the first time when I logged in as my wife. I have my own account account. 

The trusted device option has never worked for me on any device or my phone.  Even with the app, I am always required to both log in an provide the 2FA code even after checking that option.

SWP

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SWP wrote:

The iPhone app is just a thin wrapper over the website, and it doesn’t work well. I logged in as my wife on my phone and then it was stuck and would always go to her account even when I logged out and then logged in with my credentials. 
So just use the web site, the app needs some polish. 

Hi @SWP . Have you ever been able to log into your own My Account before? If not, maybe an account was not registered for under your phone number.

SWP

The iPhone app is just a thin wrapper over the website, and it doesn’t work well. I logged in as my wife on my phone and then it was stuck and would always go to her account even when I logged out and then logged in with my credentials. 
So just use the web site, the app needs some polish. 

@Moppitt 

which app you are downloading, PM data witness?  

Try Data Usage Manager , it is much better and newer with updates

Moppitt

GP is Google Play.  Error says OOPS....techniclal problem.  Try again later......Probably 2028.🤣

hi @Moppitt what are you setting up and got error?  amd what is GP?

give us details

Moppitt

There is as of 02/2023.  Just saw on G.P.

Gives error when setting up.  Hopefully temporary.....

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

You just don't want to be ignored do you? Do you see PM or CS_Agent or Oracle beside my username? Or do you see Mayor like everybody else? That should answer your question. Y'all have a nice day now ya hear!

I don't get the ignored comment @darlicious

Just sharing how it sounds. 

I will have a nice day, thank you. 😀

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv 

You just don't want to be ignored do you? Do you see PM or CS_Agent or Oracle beside my username? Or do you see Mayor like everybody else? That should answer your question. Y'all have a nice day now ya hear!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious so it says in all those posts that Public Mobile has no plans, nor any funds allocated to do an app.?

Or, you are just posting how many times this question has been asked.

As worded in your first post, this could be interpreted as speaking on behalf of Public Mobile with authority.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

There are no plans for an app nor any funds allocated to making an app. 

Seems definitive @darlicious.

"What's your source of information that you're basing that statement on?"

Screenshot_20220927-043421~2.png

Screenshot_20220927-043457.png

Screenshot_20220927-043547.png

Screenshot_20220927-043653.png

Screenshot_20220927-043813.png

 ....974 or so more to peruse the answer.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mar1a   as far as I know, Telus is not a company that like Apps

Koodo used to have one and they killed it couple years ago

So, unless Telus changed its stance, I doubt you will see one

And honest, as long as the web is mobile friendly, app doesn't matter.  Many apps are simply a shell calling the mobile site anyway

You can bookmark the site on your phone so, you can launch it like an app.  Just bookmark it and set a shortcut to the Home screen.  Hope this helps

@darlicious wrote:

There are no plans for an app nor any funds allocated to making an app. 

Seems definitive @darlicious.

"What's your source of information that you're basing that statement on?"

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mar1a 

There are no plans for an app nor any funds allocated to making an app. You can add a shortcut on your home screen or make your own pseudo app if your into that kind of thing?

It's all explained in this thread by @srlawren :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Very-Partial-workaround-for-lack-of-PM-Mo...

That's about as close to an pm app anyone will ever get. If you create one I would love to see it.

@not-trust-anyon wrote:

@Mar1a 

Now there is no app, but in the future it can.

What's your source of information that you're basing that statment on? An app is very unlikely to ever happen. I can't say never, but there are no plans to release an app.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mar1a , the latest self serve redesign was intended to be mobile friendly.  This was in lieu of an app.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Nope...just the PM website.

Need Help? Let's chat.