cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone on the PM $60 Plan with US Roaming?

trgtrg2020
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I’m currently on the $60 Plan that includes US Roaming. It’s basically the same thing as PM’s current 50 plan if you just add US Roaming with 2Gb Data. 

What are your thoughts being on this plan (basically paying $10 more every month) while knowing Canada/US border is currently closed?

Please don’t suggest to downgrade plans.

I’m curious to hear from others on the plan what they think. PM is not willing to give something else in the mean time.

PM Mods are not able to provide a resolution unless customer wants to downgrade their plan. Not an option of course I like the plan still and once covid gets better the plan has its benefits.

41 REPLIES 41

trgtrg2020

The big 3 and Freedom Mobile now offer similar plans but nothing near the $60 mark. I agree unlikely we will see it again unless a lucky promotion appears this Holiday season. So far nothing like it.

@trgtrg2020 

It is a tough call because that plan was only offered for maybe two months and then discontinued. I think it was an experiment to gauge level of interest and possibly it was Telus rather than PM who was interested in the results. It has been quite awhile now, it was offered around Aug-Sept-Oct 2019 I believe. I wouldn’t expect to see it come back again though one never knows for sure. 

AE_Collector

@hairbag1  Native American Indian. We have duel citizenship. No borders for us.

trgtrg2020

Exactly! 

@Jb456 wrote:

@Nezgar  Canada is a big country with different cultures. The border (driving) is open for many. I'm going Tuesday morning to do some shopping and pick up some mail. Just saying!

How can you cross the Canada / US border these days ? From my understanding, it's closed to all except for medical personnel, truckers and other urgent reasons. I didn't think shopping and picking up some mail was allowed for now.

If you must go...please take extra safeguards against C19 exposures while in US.

@Nezgar  Canada is a big country with different cultures. The border (driving) is open for many. I'm going Tuesday morning to do some shopping and pick up some mail. Just saying!

trgtrg2020

The plan is like what Freedom used to give for $50-$60 back in 2015-2017. It’s hard to find this deal I agree.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would keep the $60 plan if you used it alot in the past as there is no guarantee that the plan will ever come back. It was offered for a limited time and never appeared again.

You mentioned "it's like the $50 plan just buy USA roaming add-ons"

Well in a sense yes. Money sense no. It's $20 for one gig of USA roaming that last 10 days.  $15 for talk text, 10 days. You do the math lol

I'd keep the plan....

@trgtrg2020 

Technically the border is open for Canadians travelling to the US by air. If you really wanted to subject yourself to that...

@kselmak 

I'm pretty sure call forwarding would also cease to function when your PM account is in suspended state.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Here is an idea @trgtrg2020 

Why don't you let it expire for 85 days and in a meantime use cheaper plan then use it for a month and go back to suspension you can keep doing it while it mashed sense

Just inform all your contacts of temporary number, or get an alternative one from fungo and forward to the one you are using

You can get sim for$3.33 

You can get yourself a referral

You can use current promo to get 2nd month free

I know it's not compete saving but 3 out of 4 will be

Later on you may end up using the second sim for your car smartwatch or anything else. If they have any gifts on the way you may be able to pass it to somebody else, it will collect summer loyalty eventually, you may have guests etc

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

I’m currently on the $60 Plan that includes US Roaming. It’s basically the same thing as PM’s current 50 plan if you just add US Roaming with 2Gb Data. 

What are your thoughts being on this plan (basically paying $10 more every month) while knowing Canada/US border is currently closed?

Please don’t suggest to downgrade plans.

I’m curious to hear from others on the plan what they think. PM is not willing to give something else in the mean time.

PM Mods are not able to provide a resolution unless customer wants to downgrade their plan. Not an option of course I like the plan still and once covid gets better the plan has its benefits.

@trgtrg2020 hi I was but like you say borders are closed so to me it's a waste of money I am sure if there is a demand for it they will bring it back later and no I'm not going to tell you to change plans to save money lol have a great day 

Need Help? Let's chat.