cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have an issue with Texts received late this morning?

Chris6_1999
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There was a period from 8:45 this morning until 9:25, where texts did not go through. I had 3 texts all come through at the same time approx. 9:25 which were sent between 8:45, 9:01, and 9:06. They all came through with their correct time stamp, but I didn't get them until 9:25.

7 REPLIES 7

There was something going on with the network for sure. Data would randomly stop working and the fast way to fix things was to restart the phone. 

Chris6_1999
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As far as I know, these are text messages that go through the telephone network, not messenger. Data or Wifi does not need to be enabled for them to work.  I'm guessing it was some kind of outage with Public Mobile. (Telus).

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Chris6_1999  - I never noticed this issue. But then again, I am not sure if I would have noticed. Was this because you knew the sender was texting you, but it was not being received on your device?

Are you using iMessage or Chat features (android) that could have prevented messages from being sent/received if your data or wifi connection was not enabled or accessible?

At least you ended up getting the messages, so that is good. I would not be too concerned, at this point, if there is an issue. But if you notice it continues to happen more often, than that can be annoying.

Ensure you restart your phone regularly and have the latest software installed. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Server issues? Not everything is always instant even we get used to have everything NOW!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I had that happen with instant messaging this afternoon, but think it was my wifi and not the network necessarily

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Chris6_1999 

No issues in the west coast but my friend had issue with his group text.

You can check for outages as noted by @darlicious :

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages?linktype=ge-footer 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Chris6_1999 

You may had an outage in your area this morning or a poor connection to the network. Try toggling airplane mode on/off to refresh your network connection.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Need Help? Let's chat.