cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

Psybatekstr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hoping I can find some help with an issue I've be having with my data. I've had an e-sim for about 6 months now. I did a factory reset a few weeks ago and I just switched my plan yesterday. Although, I began to notice the issue a few days before the factory reset.

Data isn't the only issue I've been experiencing. Calls and text messages have been affected on and off as well. Call audio quality has become spotty making it difficult to understand what the other person is saying. Text messages are sent and received successfully on and off with no recognizable pattern. My signal bar will sometimes show as Ø. Other times, I'll have my data ON with my signal bar showing as full but the 5G/LTE/4G isn't present beside it. Even when my signal bar is full with 5G showing beside it I have no internet access at all, while calls and texts work on and off.

My phone is basically unusable at this point unless it's connected to WiFi. I'm beginning to wonder if it's an internal antenna issue. I tried it In safe mode but it didn't make any difference. I'm trying to eliminate different possibilities before checking hardware. I would appreciate any advice that might help me eliminate the possibility that it's provider related.

Thanks in advance! 

3 REPLIES 3

Psybatekstr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was considering purchasing a sim card to check as you have suggested. I will probably try that. I was looking at purchasing a SIM card off of Amazon. However, there are three SIM cards available on Amazon that come from public mobile except each are named a little bit differently and are priced differently going from $5 to $10 and $15. Is any reason for the price difference?

Thanks again for the advice. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Psybatekstr 

Might want to try to manually select 4G/LTE network instead of Auto.  See whether that makes a difference in your service.

If you had a physical SIM card, you could move it to another working phone to determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  Transferring eSIM is free now, so you could load the PM app on another working phone, login into your account and then purchase eSIM on that different phone.  

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Psybatekstr - Please contact CS_Agent to see if a new eSIM will be needed:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. * CS_Agents are at load due to iMessage activation issues so it may take longer than 48 hours. *  They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

Need Help? Let's chat.