cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying verification has locked me out of my account

Rivera69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not happy that public decided I need to verify myself from a computer I have used for time. No option to send code to sms and I haven't used the email in a long time and as a result I'm also locked out of that account as well. Is there anything I can do to regain access to my account. 

12 REPLIES 12

@Rivera69   have you open a ticket with PM Support yet? 

They have been replying quick and they would have already sorted out your issue

Once you are back in My Account, you can reset the PIN yourself

Of course in the reset password ticket, you can try asking them to reset your PIN as well

Rivera69

I tried every pin I usually use and none work so have no idea what I used. 

Right on, @Rivera69 

Best option is a payment mobile payment voucher to get service going (or another method as @dust2dust outlined above)

Then, get the self-serve access sorted out with the Customer Support agents if you're unable to get credentials sorted out.

@darlicious- You didn't answer my previous question about this so I checked for myself. It seems to me that muskbird says vouchers to do with Public. I really don't think they do instant top up. They email you a pin. Just like recharge and ding.

Rivera69

I was deciding to switch plans and I was going over my budget before doing such. But I forgot to make payment before it got suspended.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Rivera69 wrote:

I'm not happy that public decided I need to verify myself from a computer I have used for time. No option to send code to sms and I haven't used the email in a long time and as a result I'm also locked out of that account as well. Is there anything I can do to regain access to my account. 

One who is Oracle wrote that if your account is suspend, then you won't receive SMS but instead of receive the email for 2FA.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Nothing else to add, @Rivera69 ?

What was the original need to access your self serve account?

Was it because your account is suspended, and you need to make payment?

Was it because you needed to access your usage history or make an add-on purchase?

Was it because you needed to update your payment card information?

Anywhere close... 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rivera69 

The above post by @dust2dust summarizes your options well....it's only missing online instant top ups at muskbird.com. Here is a list of your best options for alternative methods of payment to reactivate your account.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

Or you can contact customer support to change your email but you will need to answer some extra verification questions about your account before the CSA will change your email. Once you do gain access to your account you can disable 2FA in your profile page.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

1. If you know your 4 digit account pin then you can use 611 and the registered credit card to make a payment.

2. The vouchers mentioned earlier do not need the pin in 611.

3. You can use the real time payment method in some stores.

4. You can login to the chatbot and use the registered card and also enter vouchers.

Then your account will reactivate (unless you used the lost/stolen function) and you can receive the sms verifications for logging in.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Rivera69   so, if the email used for My Account is not up-to-date, or its hard to login, you might want to get it changed to another one with the help of PM Support (sorry, only PM support can help to change the email used on My Account)

to open ticket, please open ticket via chatbot 

1.  Open ticket with Chatbot for faster response (2-48 hours), using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Forgot Login Information", then click "Contact Us",, then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. if you have problem with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at:    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

Or if you are going to buy  a voucher to get the account reactivate first, you can buy it online with a fee via recharge.com.  

If you want to buy it from store, buy it from SDM/711/Shell/London Drug, vouchers from them can be used immediately, vouchers from other stores might have a 24 hours wait time before it can be used

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Contact a CSA, @Rivera69 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Rivera69 

You can’t get the 2FA code by text because your account is suspended. 
You need to purchase a voucher and dial 611 and enter the voucher number to activate your account from these locations:

7B665F00-7FE4-4E35-B34F-B1572360F385.jpeg

Or you can purchase a voucher online from recharge.ca.

Contact a CS_Agent to charge your email on your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.