Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An activation issue

Daniyal79
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

may be anybody will be able to help in solving the following issue:

I bought 4 Public Mobile SIM cards for my family members and successfully activated three of them, during activation of the last one, at the payment stage (I was paying by a credit card) I got a message that something is wrong. Now when I try to restart the activation once again, when I enter the SIM card #, I receive a message that SIM # is invalid and I can not move further in the activation process. What can I do in this case?

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Daniyal79
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you guys for advices, I will be in touch with the Moderators, because now, when I try to start the activation from the very beginning, the system tells me that  the SIM card # is invalid. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Have you tried to see if the sim actually got activated? Or if the cc got charged?

Also to avoid possible renewal issues it's good to have the renewal dates a day or so apart.  There are stories of cc bring denied when two or three try to all renew at same time.

A328
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can you try with different credit card?  Maybe your credit card is blocking transaction thinking it is fraudulent. 

angeliquem
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Daniyal79 wrote:

Hello,

may be anybody will be able to help in solving the following issue:

I bought 4 Public Mobile SIM cards for my family members and successfully activated three of them, during activation of the last one, at the payment stage (I was paying by a credit card) I got a message that something is wrong. Now when I try to restart the activation once again, when I enter the SIM card #, I receive a message that SIM # is invalid and I can not move further in the activation process. What can I do in this case?

Thank you in advance.

That sounds exactly like my experience. I successfully activated 3 and the last one was a nightmare.

What exactly does the error say when trying to activate the last one?

The quickest fix would be getting a new sim card, activating it with a new number and also using a DIFFERENT credit card or buying a prepaid voucher and using that to activate the new number.

Once all of that works for you, you can check your credit statement to see if there are additional charges and you can contact @CS_Agent through private message and ask to get credit back for the SIM card that failed and any other extra charges.

This way would just help you have an actively working number as soon as possible.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Daniyal79,

This seems to be a similar issue to the one in this thread

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Failed-to-complete-sim-card-activatio...

The issue can most likely be resolved by the moderators, just contact them with your phone number and 4 digit pin (Privately).

"If you do not have the PIN, please reply to us with 3 of the following matching up your account:

• Date of Birth 
  • Full address with Postal Code 
  • Last top-up amount and the date 
  • Email address  
  • Last 4 digits of Credit Card on file"

Only send these info to the moderators!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.