cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amount due wont update

Stark647
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When i try to pay my bill in advance the amount due wont update. I keep getting a message that i have enough funds for my next payment available but i only have $4 in my balance.

14 REPLIES 14

Stark647

yeah that seems to be the problem. I tried incognito mode and the problem wasnt there.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

I've noticed PM account page seems to have problem updating in real time when cookies are set to "remember" your login. On my renewal date, the amounts shown (due and available) were all wrong and no matter how many times I refreshed the page , they wouldn't change.

Switching to another browser and incognito mode solved the problem.

@Stark647 

The selfserve account has been acting very strange lately having trouble with accepting payments, adding credit cards, unsuspending service and reactivating plans. Hopefully the unscheduled maintenance last night cleared up some of these glitches.

Simple--Simon and I don't get along but generally if you type in "account specific issue" and "human" you can then follow the promptsto submit your ticket. Or contact the CSA's my way...

Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Stark647

That is something i didnt know, thanks. lol going to accept your solution and try to get in contact with them that way

@Stark647 wrote:

Well the problem has persisted for a few days which is why i decided to post here since it seems to be more of a bug at this point. And yeah i tried using their help bot but it didnt offer options to chat with a real person. nor did my problem appear as an option. Everything else is fine, It shows my correct plan. on another screen it says how much i owe. but when i go to the payment screen it goes blank as shown in the screen shot in my earlier post.

I agree that it's silly that the amount is blank..  The chatbot does let you contact someone if you type customer support agent.

Stark647

Well the problem has persisted for a few days which is why i decided to post here since it seems to be more of a bug at this point. And yeah i tried using their help bot but it didnt offer options to chat with a real person. nor did my problem appear as an option. Everything else is fine, It shows my correct plan. on another screen it says how much i owe. but when i go to the payment screen it goes blank as shown in the screen shot in my earlier post.

@Stark647 wrote:

https://imgur.com/a/4I1lcaH
Here is a screen shot of it not appearing and saying i already have enough balance, which is why i originally posted here. In hopes to get this fixed not looking for a work around. If something isnt working properly and people dont bring attention to it and look for work arounds it will never get fixed.
Also you are correct the loyalty is why i thought i didnt before. Although you didnt solve the problem you did give an alternative so thanks

I'm a customer.  I can't fix a website problem. Only Public Mobile can do that.  The Self Serve website can be strange and not always work right.  Did it show no plan details?  That fixes itself if you try later.

Stark647

https://imgur.com/a/4I1lcaH
Here is a screen shot of it not appearing and saying i already have enough balance, which is why i originally posted here. In hopes to get this fixed not looking for a work around. If something isnt working properly and people dont bring attention to it and look for work arounds it will never get fixed. that is why my post was originally that it wont update. not that i cannot make a payment.
Also you are correct the loyalty is why i thought i didnt before. Although you didnt solve the problem you did give an alternative so thanks

Stark647

@Stark647 wrote:

I didnt mean taxes in general, i meant additional taxes. If i say the amount you owe me is $25 like they do one this site when it is working properly. I pay that $25. Or at least that is how it was last month. If i dont pay in advance and just let auto pay do it. it only charges me the amount owing. not the amount owing + extra taxes

No, that's not right. You have to pay $25 plus tax. It's not additional tax. The amount owing doesn't show tax. Tax always gets charged when you make a payment. Autopay adds tax too. You're not overpaying. No tax means they undercharged before. The charge could have been less if you had rewards or extra balance.

Stark647

I didnt mean taxes in general, i meant additional taxes. If i say the amount you owe me is $25 like they do one this site when it is working properly. I pay that $25. Or at least that is how it was last month. If i dont pay in advance and just let auto pay do it. it only charges me the amount owing. not the amount owing + extra taxes

@Stark647 wrote:

I was going to do that until i noticed that the price was more from it adding on tax. I didnt have this problem last month which is why i am posting here. I mean the 2.77 isnt much but why should i have to pay for it because the site isnt working as intended?

Everyone has to pay tax. You type in the amount before tax. Tax gets added to that. It's always like that.

Stark647

I was going to do that until i noticed that the price was more from it adding on tax. I didnt have this problem last month which is why i am posting here. I mean the 2.77 isnt much but why should i have to pay for it because the site isnt working as intended?

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Stark647 wrote:

When i try to pay my bill in advance the amount due wont update. I keep getting a message that i have enough funds for my next payment available but i only have $4 in my balance.

Go to one time payment and change payment type to Other to set the amount.

Need Help? Let's chat.