cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being charged for my add-on every month? How do I remove an add-on?

Emilyeverafter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

Months ago I was in a sticky situation. I needed wifi to get help but I was almosr out of data. I added a 200mb data add on for $5 to my public mobile account. I added $5 to my wallet and the addon was successful. I assumed it was a one-time payment. I have autopay turned on and my plan is $15/month.

I just logged in to check my billing history because another company is trying to get me to switch my phone service to them and I wanted to see what I was getting in rewards at Public Mobile to assess whether or not switching would be worth the hassle.

I noticed on my dashboard that it said my $15 month plan and 200mb data add on were active.

Is that just my unused extra data rolling over until the one-time addon data expires? Or have I been being charged an extra $5 every month and being given extra data every month?

I checked my billing history and it doesn't make sense to me. It says I'm being debited $10 every month for my monthly plan and $5 a month for 100 minutes Canada-wide talking. I've never purchased an add-on for minutes.

6 REPLIES 6

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Keep an eye on how much you go over your allocated data and how much you use from the add-on cos as soon as you hit your plan date, your add-on will stop there and you ll start using data from your plan and after your plan data is all used up you ll start using the add-on data again.

So Add-on data is not recurring, but it stays in your plan until it run out.

Check your payment history, if you see recurring charges for that add-on then you can create a ticket by clicking bubble on the bottom right or by sending a direct msg to CS_Agent and resolve it.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Add on purchases do not repeat automatically. 

You might be seeing what is left over. If you have an add on and you receive you new allotment the add on is only used when your allotment has been consumed. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Emilyeverafter

PM separate the 30 day plan and the data in your payment account and when you add the plan and data should be $15 excluding all taxes. That one time $5 add-on should add up to $20 excluding all taxes.

So it looks correct. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Emilyeverafter 

Add ons are one time purchases. They stay on your account until completely consumed. Your billing is correct. The $15 plan is billed as 30 DAY PLAN....$10. 100 MINUTES.....$5. $10+$5=$15 plan. If you had the $25 plan it is charged as 30 DAY PLAN.....$10. 1GB AT 3G SPEED.....$15. $10+$15=$25 plan.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Emilyeverafter 

Add-ons are one-time purchases, they do not renew with plan cycles.  Once purchased, they remain on the account until they are consumed.  (except the USA Roaming add-ons which expire after 10 days)

It is understandable why seeing the way the $15.00 is separated (Plan/Minutes + Data) might cause you to believe otherwise.   All Public Mobile plans have split pricing to separate the components of the service.  These have no bearing on add-on's.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything sounds exactly right. Yes the add-ons stay on until consumed. This place and Koodo are the only providers that I know that do this. Then yes those two lines are how the plan is billed out.

You're all good. Without pics. Excellent description.

Need Help? Let's chat.