cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing - How to Remove a Credit Card as a Registered Payment Method?

ScottRitchie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I remove a credit card as a registered payment method?

My kid keeps going over on data and my card is being automatically charged. I tried unsubscribing to the service, but my card keeps getting billed regardless every time the kid goes over on data. I no longer want the account connected in any way to my credit card but don't see any option for deleting the card.

6 REPLIES 6

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

if you removed the credit card, you will have to pay by voucher every month, you sure you want to do that?

and it is trouble to ask PM to remove your card, so, you cannot add the card and pay and ask agent to remove every month. 

HI @ScottRitchie 

if you like, you can block the shortcode that sent those text to your kid's phone.  but that would also block all other Promotions PM tries to send you

@ScottRitchie wrote:

Thanks. I didn't realize that he would be getting text messages from Public asking him to buy more data. Unfortunately I don't have access to his actual phone to confirm but will ask him to at least stop saying YES. Any tips for removing that credit card completely from my account so that if/when he does click YES, the transaction doesn't go through?

@ScottRitchie , to have your credit card removed from the account, please use the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the web page to initiate a support ticket.  Note that removing the payment card would only increase the friction of renewing the account each month.  It does not stop the kids from subscribing to a more expensive plan.  

ScottRitchie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks. I didn't realize that he would be getting text messages from Public asking him to buy more data. Unfortunately I don't have access to his actual phone to confirm but will ask him to at least stop saying YES. Any tips for removing that credit card completely from my account so that if/when he does click YES, the transaction doesn't go through?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ScottRitchie 

You can disable Subscribe but the hassle is that you will need to make a manual payment every 30 days.

They will get reminders that they will be running out of data and will get a text if they want more data added on their plan. I would suggest you look at their phone for the text from PM and enter #STOP so there no more future text from PM.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ScottRitchie - he’s likely replying “YES” to the texts to gather more data (4GB for $40).

For the vouchers, make sure to buy them monthly right before the renewal date (1-2 days before) so that he can’t purchase more data.

Additionally, I suggest replying “STOP” the next time he reaches his limit. You can also ask CS_Agent to remove your payment method, but you’ll need to obtain Pre-paid cards or vouchers from here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-a-voucher

Contact CS_Agent here:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

Need Help? Let's chat.