cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I Blacklisted? How to get back the ability to send a text

KonradTMG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We just attended a trade fair and in the last 2 days I sent about 500 text messages to prospective customers. As it turns out, most of them are not getting my text messages. I am not even able to text to my personal number anymore.

Is there a way to find out if I am blacklisted for SPAM?

Is there a way I can put my number back into good standing?

I need to be able to text....

Thanks for any help.

6 REPLIES 6

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@KonradTMG wrote:

We just attended a trade fair and in the last 2 days I sent about 500 text messages to prospective customers. As it turns out, most of them are not getting my text messages. I am not even able to text to my personal number anymore.

Is there a way to find out if I am blacklisted for SPAM?

Is there a way I can put my number back into good standing?

I need to be able to text....

Thanks for any help.

You sent about 500 text messages to prospective customers! These prospective customers may block you! 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@KonradTMG - before going to support, what troubleshooting have you tried!

Try:

• restarting your phone
  • remove your SIM card and reinserting it
  • reset of device's network settings
  • try your SIM into another phone and see if texting works

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@KonradTMG 

Maybe your plan expired. 

Maybe your payment card failed for auto pay. 

Maybe you sent RCS messaging instead of SMS?  Were you using iMessage or Chat?

Maybe the recipients who said they didn't get it, didn't want it?  You did say "most , not all...

Just throwing out possibilities...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@KonradTMG 

You can only get Blacklisted for phones (lost or stolen) so it is very slim that this would happen.

Most likely either your account is suspended for nonpayment, an outage in your area or the SMS/MMS is disable in the Settings.

Just login to your account and check the status of your account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KonradTMG if you just send one message now, would it work?

Check your My Account's usage log to see any record of those 500 outgoing text (you will be better to download the whole usage log in XLS and filtered by Excel due to some website glitch)

Also, you might need to open ticket with PM support to have them confirm if your messagea were blocked on PM side , but it could also be blocked on the receiving side (other providers)

Please open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@KonradTMG , I don't believe Public Mobile has ever blacklisted customers due to volume of SMS activity.  You would have to ask the recipients what their phone is doing to screen incoming SMS.  Some apps do have screens or warnings.  One thing that you could do is go into your online account and check usage activities to see if the SMS you sent out is showing in the usage.  That will at least prove that your phone is working properly and sending out the SMS.  

Need Help? Let's chat.