cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting

Karen23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Recently set up new phone. I am able to text out but people are not receiving them nor am I receiving their. Works with some contacts but not others. Any suggestions?

13 REPLIES 13

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Karen23 - have you tried a reset of the device's network settings?

@Karen23 

You're welcome! They will get to the bottom of your problem for you.

Karen23

Thank you!

@Karen23 

Go to the bottom of the page and click on SIMon Chatbot and type in Submit a Ticket or private message them on the envelope icon on top of this page.

Karen23

How do I get in touch with CS_Agent?

@Karen23 

If rebooting your phone didn't solve the issues then it could be a provisional issue with your SIM. This might be the case then you need to contact a CS_Agent to look into the problem and fix the problem for you.

Karen23

New phone, new service, new sim. I did respond yes to acknowledge the port. I am receiving texts from a few people and they mine. But not all. For example, text to BC, shows sent at my end but nothing received there and when they sent a text nothing was received at my end.

@Karen23 

The most important step to complete the porting is to reply to the text to confirming that you are porting over to PM. This is safeguard to avoid SIM swapping or false porting.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Was this phone used at the prior provider? So you have a new phone, new sim, new account...if this is an iphone, did you go to settings general about and check for anything to download with wifi on? Did you reply yes to the previous provider confirmation text on the old sim?

Karen23

Imported my number from Rogers, new sim card and it was activated yesterday. I can text a few people and they received them but not so for others.

Karen23

I did import my number but it's a new sim card.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Karen23 you got new number or you ported in your number from another provider?  how long you have joined?

are those traditional sms or iMesaage/ RCS??

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Karen23 

Was the porting your old number successful and replied to the text with YES with the old SIM in your phone within the 90 minute window?

If you did, try rebooting your phone by powering it off then back on.

If not, you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you again but leave the old SIM in your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.