cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alcatel phone features

hroptr01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to know if the Alcatel phone on the sales page is Google pay ready, such as can I use the Google pay feature to tap pay?

16 REPLIES 16

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

I see this is an older post but I was also looking to find out the correct model information & chatted with an agent & was given this link Alcatel 1b to get the information on it. I also commented that I searched the community forum to see if anyone had posted which one it is but no one knew for sure. I asked for that information to be included on the phones so we would know which ones they were. 😃

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

I concur.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow-

I'm just saying I had a hard time finding a dual-sim with NFC (amongst other features) that maybe I might afford and maybe I might not mind owning if I could.

@darlicious- I look at the marketing variation display of the screen is the same. The purple stripes going up to the right.
I see the screen size is the same.
I see the processor is the same.
I see the back camera is the same.
I see the battery is the same.
I see the internal ram is the same.
I see it also takes an sd card and capacity is the same.
I see the usable ram is the same.
I see the OS is the same.
I see the dimensions are the same.
I see the weight is the same.
I see it takes the same sim.
I see the one camera lens and light in the back is the same.
I see the colour is the same.

So from a preponderance of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, I would say that the spec of the front camera claimed by Public is wrong.

Yes it would be way more useful if the seller would supply the actual specific model number.

But who am I to say.

@hTideGnow wrote:

Why would PM not even post the phone model

But the look itself, i am convince that it is a 1B

This was mentioend to Public Mobile, but unfortunatley, this was never corrected.  I can make a pretty good guess at which model this is by looking at the Telus Mobility prepaid lineup, but yes, Public Mobile should really stated a model number.

Why would PM not even post the phone model

But the look itself, i am convince that it is a 1B

@hroptr01 wrote:

I need to know if the Alcatel phone on the sales page is Google pay ready, such as can I use the Google pay feature to tap pay?

Unless someone has tried this device, members really wouldn't be able to tell you.  This is because the Public Mobile CPO online store doesn't give an indication of which phone model they're selling.  "Alcatel" isn't a model but is rather a brand.  The lack of model information has existed since Publc Mobile started selling this.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

I don't think that's the right phone model in your link as it was the front cameras two megapixels and public mobiles description has both cameras at 5 megapixels.

@hroptr01 

You can't really expect those features on low end phone much higher end phones don't even have NFC or Google pay. Mind you at $79 - $30 (bill credit)=$49 - $10 (SIM card)=$39 that's a pretty good deal for a like new CPO phone with a one year warranty.

HI @dust2dust   oh. and usually dual sim phone does not have NFC?

that i do not know..

@hTideGnow- Try finding a dual-sim with NFC. Sheesh. It's about cost cutting. The phone is $79. Do you expect it to scream and last a week without recharging? nuh uh.

they are making phones without NFC??

I thought this phone is not that old., 2020.  Weird

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'm going to say it's this one: (see if this will post)

https://ca.alcatelmobile.com/alcatel-1b/

No it doesn't appear to have NFC so no Google Pay. (as an aside Android Go also doesn't work with Android Auto)

HI@hroptr01   if it is on the BC site, the yes, likely it can be

But of course, best to email Alcatel to confirm  🙂

hroptr01

I really wish the purchase site had more info

Timer
Mayor / Maire

hroptr01

It is the green one that they offer, 32g, I'm unsure of model number, but it is on the BC site

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@hroptr01 , what model did you have in mind.  Generally a phone with NFC should work with Google pay.

Need Help? Let's chat.