cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After logging in, my page looks different than my husband's. Like to upgrade to 4G

Tyukasz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am writing this on behalf of my wife, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

She is facing two problems:

Problem 1. She cannot log in to the Community, because her password did not work and found no mechanism to ask for a new one. Catch22! She can log into her Public Mobile account, but not into her Community account.

Problem 2. She would like to upgrade to 4G, but the page that comes up after she logs in does not allow her to do it. I had the same problem upgrading and had to contact someone to have a changed page show up after successful login that allowed me to upgrade.

Help would would be really appreciated. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Tyukasz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Problem 1 could not be solved, as she does not remember her community user name.

Problem 2 is solved, but only if using incognito window. without it only the old account window shows up in Windows, using an up-to-date Chrome browser. I have cleaned cache, temporary files, etc. and it still brings up the old window.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will leave it at this, as the immediate problem is solved.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Tyukasz wrote:

I am writing this on behalf of my wife, Marika Kemeny.

She is facing two problems:

Problem 1. She cannot log in to the Community, because her password did not work and found no mechanism to ask for a new one. Catch22! She can log into her Public Mobile account, but not into her Community account.

Is possible your wife has never created a Community account? A Community account is not required to have an Active Public Mobile number and account; but it is helpful if you require assistance.

To change the password to the Community account you can do that here:

Password Request - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Problem 2. She would like to upgrade to 4G, but the page that comes up after she logs in does not allow her to do it. I had the same problem upgrading and had to contact someone to have a changed page show up after successful login that allowed me to upgrade.

Log into My Account and go to Change My Plan: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/plan/change-plan

You will then see the 4G and 3G plans to choose from at the top:

esjliv_0-1675211352010.png

Ensure you click the yellow arrows on the right side. You will need to click that down arrow once, then move down to click the down arrow again to see more plan options.

@Tyukasz  - see above

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tyukasz 

Using the same methodology as above have your wife sign in with her community username and use the forgot password button to get the password reset email. Once she changes her password it will ask her to log in with the new password....do not do this right way. Wait about a half hour then try with the new password.

Make sure this is not done on the same device that may have you already logged into community. Report back if she was successful or not?

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Tyukasz 

Problem 1. Chat with Simon for help, if Simon can’t help, he would let you submit a ticket.
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Problem 2: Since PM website has caches issue, so clear caches , cookies then using computer and private or incognito mode browser to login. For some mysteriously reasons, mobile device some times hard to login, so don't use mobile device to login.
Follow above method try login again.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Tyukasz  Try again incognito private mode or another device or lap top 

My account

Legend  and features

Change plan / update cc /auto pay

Handy1_0-1675197169797.png

Account #/ change # port /swap SIM

if you still have problems you can open ticket 

while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.