cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After crappy service updating my credit card Autopay doesn't work

crapservice
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good Day:

After spending more than a day on this crappy "community" with multiple texts back and forth just to update my credit card expire date, it appears the clowns I was dealing with didn't even do that!

Phone plan is not working. I have now removed my credit card (can't tell if the expiry date was entered properly since that doesn't show) and added the card again. I've paid for this month manually. I hope the autopay will start working again, as I don't want to keep having to do this every month. That's the point of AutoPay!

9 REPLIES 9

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@crapservice ah okay, by texts you mean private messages via tickets with CSA. Gotcha 🙂

Glad to hear you have been all fixed up.

Support hear can get some getting used to, but you've gotten through this bump in the road.

Onwards and upwards. 

crapservice

My apologies for getting some of the terms wrong. I just went back and reviewed the 8, yes 8, texts (not sure what the correct term is) with 3 different CSA's making non-functional suggestions on how I could do the seemingly unheard of task of updating my credit card expiry date, but nothing worked. It is now clear that the bug was in the web pages at that time. On the 7th try, the CSA finally did it for me, supposedly. The 8th text was a text "closing" the ticket. The reason for this current stream was that they never did actually update the expiry date so of course my service was stopped for non-payment. My trying to get ahead of a problem by updating my cc info a week before payment would be processed was ultimately unsuccessful.

There is a silver lining though. Public has taken my feedback and fixed the interface for credit cards under the payment tab, so one can now update online again. Too bad it wasn't like that in the first place and we might have been able to avoid this entire debacle.

I'm sorry to be venting to this well-meaning "community" as I did not realize how to direct queries to the CSA's vs. the "community". I now do. This page https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help needs a Q&A and the "Submit a ticket" option made much more prominent with a nifty graphic like the other options.

@esjliv 

@crapservice  - You mentioned 'texts back and forth', was that communicating with a CSA already? And, they did not help you activate your account?

I already asked about the “texts” but holy crap, no response. 

We all know there are no texts between Mr @CrapService and the wonderful community or the wonderful CSA’s. And to me, my opinion only, for any of us to respond is just going to hit a brick wall. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@crapservice  - You mentioned 'texts back and forth', was that communicating with a CSA already? And, they did not help you activate your account?

This community forum is where other customers and members just like you help one another.

For account related issues, and issues that community members have failed to assist on, then Public Mobile Representatives customer support agents (CSA) are available to contact, by either two methods, found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Does your self serve status say ACTIVE? If so try,

• restarting your phone,
  • remove your SIM card then replacing it
  • toggle into/out of airplane mode
  • reset network settings
  • try your SIM into another compatible phone to see if service work

If your self serve account is NOT Active status, make a manual payment by choosing the OTHER field and enter the amount you owe.

If you are showing you do not own anything, then try adding an additional $1 as a top up payment in your self serve account. Does the option to resume/reactivate service now present itself?

If not, next, try listing your phone into lost/stolen status. Log out of self serve. Log back in, then resume/find your phone to reactivate.

If all of the above is still not working for you, then submit a ticket with CSA by methods found in above link provided.

If you removed your credit card, then Autopay will fail on next renewal. Just ensure you add it back in, before your plan is due to renew.

As a member of this “crappy community” I would like to offer you FREE, 1 only....new Bell SIM card or a new Lucky SIM card. Just PM your choice and your mailing address. 😀😀

crapservice

Maybe reread my original text Tide & County. You're a clown for calling out horrific customer service? The "clowns" don't want to be here, but there's nowhere else to be since Public doesn't seem to offer any customer service.

The "community" in quotes highlights the horrific service that Public is providing. It's really not reasonable to expect customers to provide customer service. It's like asking people waiting for service at the car dealer to help with other customer's cars. What I'm saying is that, since they've replaced customer service with this well meaning "community", I can no longer recommend Public to anyone - I'd feel guilty taking the $/month to screw them over. If this is still the case next time I need something from Public, I'll be changing providers.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @crapservice   This is a Community and not a circus or playground, no clowns here.  We are all just good fellows who try to help.     🙂

This crappy community is us......all customers. 

And what texting?

I think you may have shot yourself in your foot for help. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Are you up and running then? Usually if you do the manual payment like you did to get back on - autopay will start again on next renewal and going forward

Need Help? Let's chat.