Address change

JohnKMaloney
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • Why can't I change my address?
8 REPLIES 8

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JohnKMaloney , whether you use the app or a browser, you can only edit the address if you enable location service.  The address field appears to have been programmed to include a postal code check against the address.  If location is not enabled, editing the address is blocked.  

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JohnKMaloney 

You can change your address on the PM app under Account>Manage Profile but remember that the postal code on your CC must match the postal code on your account so you will need to change both if they are different.

@JohnKMaloney wrote:

It's actually proof of Address. I have no bills in my name

I'm not so sure you can use your PM account as legal proof of address...PM doesn't verify address's provided. I can have a PEI address on my PM account but live in BC.

@JohnKMaloney wrote:

@JohnKMaloney PM is a prepaid provider and does not do a address/name check when you joined.  Some agencies might not take PM's invoice as proof of address.  Please keep that in mind

JohnKMaloney

JohnKMaloney

No I'll try the pc instead of my phone

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JohnKMaloney 

unless you're moving to a different province, changing address isn't really important and won't affect your account. PM doesn't mail any correspondence. If you're moving to a different province, there could be sales tax ramifications, otherwise not a big issue with Public Mobile.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hI @JohnKMaloney 

login to My Account using Incognito/private/secret mode on your browser

Go to Profile page, click Manage EverSafe ID

can you change the address there? don't type in the full address at once , slowly type and let the lookup does the job

Need Help? Let's chat.