cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding data to Over Limit Plan

JD4ME_99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All My Son used all of his data for the month and doesnt renew till the 7th of April i went and added $50 in Data by using my credit card to his account and still has no data Help!!!!! lol

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JodyBatsford : Nice find. You found a question at the end of a thread that didn't appear to have been answered. May have fallen through the cracks and been missed by the regulars here. Turns out that questioner (OP - original poster) had asked in other threads. But good find nonetheless.

So you know...threads that have the check mark on them are "solved" threads. Meaning that they've been satisfactorily answered. Generally they don't need to be added to.

Then...the answer you gave isn't quite right. Buying add-ons never uses the payment card. Money needs to be deposited into the Available Funds first (could be by payment card) and then the add-on can be purchased out of that. What you're calling the wallet.

JodyBatsford

You need to go to the data add on page to add the data. If the funds are in your wallet, you should just need to hit the process button and wait. If the funds are not in your wallet it will be taken from the card info you gave. 

Janiecyr17

Idk how to get more data ??

Excellent, @JD4ME_99 

Thanks for the update.

😉

JD4ME_99

Thank You this is Exactley what happened i added the funds but never bought the add ons got it fixed thankyou so much 

TOm

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JD4ME_99 wrote:

Hi All My Son used all of his data for the month and doesnt renew till the 7th of April i went and added $50 in Data by using my credit card to his account and still has no data Help!!!!! lol

@JD4ME_99    What plan is your son on? 

Instead of paying $50 to purchase 3GB of data why not ask moderators to renew his existing plan (only moderators can facilitate renewal to same plan)?   Or you can make an immediate plan change yourself to a different plan, i.e., even the $40 plan has 4.5GB data and the $45 plan has 6.5GB and $50 has 8.5GB.  An immediate plan change or renewing to current plan (with moderators assistance) would perhaps be more economical in this instance.

Just a reminder that all current plans with Canada wide calling will cost $5 more after the current "sale" pricing is removed which can happen without notice.  Anyone on these plans will be grandfathered in and avoid this price increase.

Here's a list of the all current plans: https://www.publicmobile.ca/plans

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JD4ME_99 : This is not pay as you go. Adding money does nothing until renewal or you buy add-ons. Your options are to buy data add-ons to hold you over until that renewal or to change plans now which would lose the value of the remaining week or to ask the moderators to renew early which would also lose the value of the remaining week.

Edit: and tell the kid to be a little more sparing with the data 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@JD4ME_99 

When you say you "added $50", I suspect you only added that and it's sitting in Available Funds?

If you're looking to add a data add-on, here's the steps on how to purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add-Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re done.
  5. It's been noted that sometimes a reboot of the phone may be required.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JD4ME_99 , after you add the amount, you should see it as Available Fund.

Now, head over to the Addon page and purchase the extra data you need.

(front page:  Purchase Add-ons)

E-MyAcc-OW-AddOnUsage_Purchase.png

Yes, buying addon in PM is a 2 steps process, add fund, then actual buying of the addon

Need Help? Let's chat.