Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just purchased an US talk add on which is not working 

6 REPLIES 6

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Chikababy wrote:

@Chikababy 

Can you clarify if you bought the 1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes add-on or one of the US roaming add-on? (the US roaming add-on will only work in the US as mentioned above)

In any case, check the Available funds of your account to see if the $$ you load up is still there. If so, you'll need to go back to the Add-ons page to complete the purchase as advised above.

If you see no $$ in Available funds but your Transaction history shows a payment went through , you'll need to contact CS to have them check if there has been a payment glitch or a SIM provisioning issue:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

or: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Chikababy    As noted by @hairbag1, you need to be in the US for the roaming add-on to work.  Are you already there?   

Also a reminder that the clock starts immediately from purchase of the roaming add-ons for the 10 days x 24 hours of usage, so hopefully you didn't purchase it too far in advance of your trip, unless your stay is less than 10 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chikababy 

For US Roaming 10 day packages

Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20

Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15

Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8

Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8

U.S. Data Only 10 day packages

250MB = $10

500MB = $15

1GB = $20

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,if you found at Available Funds: $$

Try To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Chikababy wrote:

@Chikababy   Log into your account and click the Plan Details to see if the roaming add-on shows there, otherwise you could have just deposited funds and didn't complete the second step for the purchase of the add-on.  If you see funds available then take the second step now and reboot the phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Chikababy wrote:

@Chikababy  Yours is the US Roaming Talk add-on?  Is it showing on your My Account Self-Serve? Keep in mind, buying add-on is a 2 steps process:

1. Load Fund

2. Buy add-on

Many just loaded the fund and forgot it is a separate step and missed the step 2 

If you already bought it with Step 2, then try reboot your phone.  Also, try connect to  both T-Mobile and AT&T and see which one give you a better experience.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Chikababy wrote:

Purchasing that add-on is a 2 step process. First, add $$ to Available Funds, then go back and "buy" that add-on. Restart phone.

edit...if you got the 10 day US roaming add-on...you must be in US for it to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.