cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add ons

Steph85
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I not use my data add ons that I purchased if my plan is expired? I want to listen to music and purchased the add ons so whats the problem?

12 REPLIES 12

@computergeek541 

That was my point....since the OP wanted to listen to music and purchased data to do so..... whereas that isn't required when using this app and an mp3 app or in my case I use my samsung music app. I download music on wifi to play offline for free.

@softech 

I'm not sure....I found it in the playstore.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

For the life of me I have not been able to figure out how to download music from youtube for free and play it without using data. Can you explain how to do this? thx.

You wouldn't download it from Youtube.  You can play already downloaded content that you have the rights to play or otherwise already have using the Youtube Music app.  

@darlicious   "Free Download MP3 Music & Listen Offline & Songs" , what kind of app is this?  where this app download the music from ?  or this is a Youtube downloader?

@computergeek541 

For the life of me I have not been able to figure out how to download music from youtube for free and play it without using data. Can you explain how to do this? thx.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Steph85 

You must make a payment to the amount of the plan you need to renew to be able to use any Public Mobile  services. 

A payment can be made through  your self  serve account or by calling 611.

If your account has been in suspended status for more than 90 days than you lost your account  and phone number. 

And would need a new SIM to obtain a new account  and phone number. 

@darlicious wrote:

@Steph85 

The next time you have wifi download an mp3 app and a free music app so you can download music, make your own playlists etc...and you won't need wifi or data to listen to music. Try this one....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inekmobile.freemusic

When it asks you if you want to do an alternative search click yes and search again. There are ads every few songs you download but just click X and continue....

Some might enjoy this app, but I believe that in most cases, downloading a seperate app would not be necessary.  Most devices with Android installed that I have seen have had Play Music (updated to Youtube Music) installed by default.

@Steph85 

The next time you have wifi download an mp3 app and a free music app so you can download music, make your own playlists etc...and you won't need wifi or data to listen to music. Try this one....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inekmobile.freemusic

When it asks you if you want to do an alternative search click yes and search again. There are ads every few songs you download but just click X and continue....

softech
Oracle
Oracle

you need an active account to use the service, voice or data.  Where the voice/data is part of the plan or if it is from Add-on , you need an active account to use those services.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 Yeah, I just realized that plan expired (and edited my response).. Tnx

@Camera4617 wrote:

@Steph85 Are you sure you purchased data? Buying add ons is a two step process, where you first add money to the account and then purchased add on. If you see it in you account then you did and it should work, but if you don't see it in your account then you need to finish purchase. 

Unfortunately, this won't work when the plan is expired/account is suspended. Add-ons cannot be used on their own.

@Steph85 wrote:

Can I not use my data add ons that I purchased if my plan is expired? I want to listen to music and purchased the add ons so whats the problem?

Add-on cannot be used without an active plan.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Steph85 Are you sure you purchased data? Buying add ons is a two step process, where you first add money to the account and then purchased add on. If you see it in you account then you did and it should work, but if you don't see it in your account then you need to finish purchase. 

And I just saw you said 'plan expired'..If that's the case, then I think you need to re-activate it. 

Need Help? Let's chat.