cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-ons

ChamaLama
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

My 14 years old daughter has been purchasing data add-ons without me knowing and Public Mobile has been charging my credit card. Is there way I could stop that? I tried to remove my credit from the account, so it would not be charged automatically, but in vain.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I just thought of an idea that will work. Remove the app on her phone so she can't access it anymore. Then change the email and password on the account and don't tell her what they are. Make up new ones. You can place the app on your phone if you're not with Public Mobile to monitor the account. To me, that sounds like it would stop her from buying data or any other addons.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ChamaLama 

Removing you CC is a drastic measure and a hassle to pay with vouchers every 30 days.

i would suggest you check your daughter’s phone and look for the text from PM that her data is running low. Reply to the text with #STOP so no more future text from PM.

She will try to login to your account or contact a CS_Agent to make future Add-on purchases. So login to your account and change your password and add a security PIN. An agent will require a PIN before giving assistance.

Sneaky way to stop this but this is an option.

EB0
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ChamaLama 

There is no easy solution, removing the credit card will fix the issue temporarily, once you pay your subscription next month, the credit card will be added again 

Solution #1, contact CSA to remove your credit card, and you need to buy voucher every 30 days.

Solution #2, upgrade to a higher plan

Solution # 3, talk to your daughter and educate her 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @ChamaLama 

Please reach out to a CS Agent to remove your credit card. Moving forward you can purchase Vouchers at say... Shoppers Drug Mart to pay for the service. However, if there is money on the account, she can still purchase addons. So perhaps only uploading enough to cover each month. Or you can ask a CS Agent if you can disable any addon purchases. Kids eh? LOL

To submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html 

Type Customer Service and follow the prompts. If you are having any issues, here is a direct link by sending a private message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.