cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on plans

tomwyatt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What add on plan do I need to purchase in order to make calls from within the United States using my cellular phone? I currently have the $25 My Plan

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@tomwyatt 

Do you have an iPhone?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The voip idea is a great idea for that length of time. Or a US cell service. It's a bit messy buying the additional talk add-on every 10 days. It expires, but you have to wait a day. Or ask the support people to do it for you.

The problem with voip or other service is you then have a different number. But you can forward your Public number to that voip number (not US number) and then leave your Public sim in Canada and then you can get calls in the US.

It doesn't sound like you care but you can also receive texts in the US without a roaming add-on.

tomwyatt

I will be in the US from April 1 to April 30,2012. I will have access to Wifi and only require a plan that will cover talking from the US. 

@tomwyatt wrote:

If I purchase the Talk 1000 US long distance minutes add on, does that cover me to make calls from within the US or just from Canada?

NO. ONLY one of US Roaming talk packages will give you ability to talk FROM US.

1000 US long distance is to call US from Canada.

@tomwyatt wrote:

If I purchase the Talk 1000 US long distance minutes add on, does that cover me to make calls from within the US or just from Canada?

@tomwyatt  No, the 1000 US long distance minutes is for use to call TO US FROM Canada only.  Not to be used when you are in US.

When you are in US, you will need to buy the Roaming Add-ons as suggested above

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @tomwyatt   Another option is to use free VoIP app like TextNow.  You can make and receive calls for free as long as you have Wifi (or Data)

Roaming add-ons do have advantages but they are not cheap and they only come in 10 days.  if you are there longer than that, you will need to buy more than 1 time.   How long you will be there?

tomwyatt

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Any of the roaming add-ons that have talk. There are two bundled add-ons with talk as well as the single talk add-on. Pay for it first and then buy it. It's a bit confusing.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You have to buy and add to your account US Talk add-on. Be aware that US add-on starts immediately as you purchase them and last for 240 hours.

Here is the list of all US add-ons

US Roaming for 10 day packages

Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20

Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15

Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8

Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8

U.S. Data Only for 10 day packages

250MB = $10

500MB = $15

1GB = $20

Purchasing an add-on after logging in into your PM account is a two-step process. You need to load funds first and then purchase add on.

1. Add funds to your PM account: Any funds to buy add-ons come from your balance, so manually add funds to your available balance first.
  2. Buy Add-On: You will actually buy the add-on after you add funds to your account or else you won't have funds to actually buy the add-on. Funds to buy add-on come from Your account (after adding funds in step #1) and not directly from your credit card.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tomwyatt , you need to purchase a US roaming add-on with calling feature.  Note that these roaming add-ons start immediately upon purchase.  

Need Help? Let's chat.