cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active with prepaid and voucher

TiffJ89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Im having trouble with getting this figured out.

6 REPLIES 6

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TiffJ89 wrote:

How beacause ive tried everyyhing its stressing me out

I've had best success with Vanilla Mastercard prepaid credit card. Make sure that you have a balance that covers the desired plan's cost plus PST+GST or HST.  For example if you want to sign up for the $23 plan in BC, $25.76 will be charged to the card used, so you'll need a $50 prepaid credit card. You can then spend the remaining $24.24 for other purchases, say at the grocery store.

On the voucher you have paid the tax to the merchant, so Public Mobile will only take the nominal plan cost ($23 in the example above) from your available funds on renewal.

Oh. and you know that you can only complete the activation in the Public Mobile app, yes?

HI @TiffJ89 

buy the prepaid credit card from stores like Shoppers Drug mart

use it just like a Credit card when you activate.  Just use your address and postal code 

TiffJ89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How beacause ive tried everyyhing its stressing me out

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @TiffJ89 

sorry, PM has removed the option to use voucher to activate.  You have to get a prepaid credit card to activate new account

with the voucher you already got, it won't be wasted.  After the account is activated, add it to your account and it  will be used towards renewal

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

from what I understand, voucher cannot be used to activate, just for renewal

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@TiffJ89 

you can't activate a new acct with a prepaid voucher...you need a valid credit / debit to start. After that, then you can use vouchers if you want to.

Need Help? Let's chat.