cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

SMcI
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I believe that I entered the imei number from my old phone on activation instead of the new one . How can I change the imei on my new account / activation?

5 REPLIES 5

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SMcI you are porting your number to Public Mobile, right?

Just call the porting team.  You can update them with your account number of your old provider instead, that option is much safer then using IMEI.  I will message you the porting number team.  Please check your Community inbox

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@SMcI 

If the porting was successful with the old phone then all you have to do is to put the SIM in the new phone.

If unsuccessful then you need the help of a CS_Agent to complete the porting with your old account number.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@SMcI 

Did you recieve the PAT (porting authorization text) on your old Sim card? Don't reply YES instead call your old provider and cancel the port request with the incorrect IMEI#. You can then reinitiate the port request thru customer support or by calling the telus porting department. Use your account # instead of the IMEI# of your phone.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@SMcI Your number port will fail. Use the chatbot link at bottom of the site to make a ticket. The CSA will correct it.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@SMcI hi is your phone working? was number ported successfully? if everything works you should be fine 

Need Help? Let's chat.