cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

JM1818
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please let me speak to someone. I filled everything required to activate and start My account and got check marks. Then I got a message the IMEI I gave was wrong. It was not. I was told someone would phone me and they have not. Please help. 

14 REPLIES 14

@JM1818 wrote:

Hello again and sorry for wasting peoples time earlier. Feeling the fool. I activated an account today. The phone number was ported successfully, but no service  

I think the solution is that I gave the IMEI from my former phone (that I am giving back to my office but keeping the number) instead of the IMEI of the phone I will be using 

how do I rectify this problem?

@JM1818  - Contact Customer Support (CSA) to fix the information provided.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

EDIT: - no need to apologize, really. That is what this forum is for. 🙂

Alternatively, you could call a phone number to help with your port.

Check your Private INBOX messages, I have sent you the TELUS Porting phone number.  

JM1818

Hello again and sorry for wasting peoples time earlier. Feeling the fool. I activated an account today. The phone number was ported successfully, but no service  

I think the solution is that I gave the IMEI from my former phone (that I am giving back to my office but keeping the number) instead of the IMEI of the phone I will be using 

how do I rectify this problem?

@JM1818 wrote:

I transferred my number from Bell to Public Mibile this pm. Bell sent me a meesage thar my service ended with them a couple of hours ago. After getting nowhere with public mobile chat, I contacted Bell to see what was happening. They said they had ported the number at 4:25. I need my phone. When will I get service.  

@JM1818  - well, you definitely should have some services at this point.

If a reboot of your phone did not trigger anything, how about performing a reset of your network settings on your device.

Is your phone locked? Contact Bell to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

Are you using a 'new to you' phone? Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

If still nothing, what model of phone do you have?

Ensure it is compatible with Public Mobile. Check these locations to see what they say:

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA

https://willmyphonework.net

@JM1818 Do you get any signal when you put the PM sim and restart your phone? If you call your number using another phone or a calling app, does it go through? 

@JM1818   did you try reboot your PM phone once more?

First , can you make outgoing calls?  if so, good

or you cannot?  if so, re-seat your SIM again.  Then try again.

If fails,  check what is showing on the screen?  SIM not provisioned?  No Network?

What kind of phone you have? brand and model?

JM1818

I transferred my number from Bell to Public Mibile this pm. Bell sent me a meesage thar my service ended with them a couple of hours ago. After getting nowhere with public mobile chat, I contacted Bell to see what was happening. They said they had ported the number at 4:25. I need my phone. When will I get service.  

@darlicious   haha.. then just old template required updating.. 

honest, if they are sending the email telling issue with porting, why is it so hard to include the porting team number.. 🤔

@softech 

They have on occasion mostly in the past and if you enter an alternate number.

@darlicious   I wonder if PM will reach out , too.. but i think couple people posted and said the email (or text??) said  PM will reach out.. did they ever?

@JM1818 

Unfortunately that text is a bit of a misnomer as it is rare for pm to reach out and call you. When you call the telus porting department number or chat with customer support its better to use your old provider's account # rather than the IMEI as its easy to make an error when imputting the #. Once you reinitiate your port request and reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes your port will within a few minutes to a maximum two hours. Welcome to public mobile!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JM1818   There is a number you can call and talk to someone directly.  I will message you the number  Please check the Community inbox, envelope icon on top right

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@JM1818 

It looks like that you gave the wrong information for porting over your number.  You can contact CSA as described above.  I will private message your the Telus porting phone number to help complete the port.  This number is only used for porting problems.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JM1818 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent 

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

Need Help? Let's chat.