cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation with Public Mobile Prepaid card

solarbreeze
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to activate my account but the only option for payment is with a credit card.  Is there a way to enter a prepaid card instead?

8 REPLIES 8

@Alexandf- I think they already bought a voucher. I think that's what they mean by Public Mobile prepaid card.

@WoozyPolarBear- I would highly doubt they would reimburse the fee.

@CountyDownIeUk- I think the customer actually meant voucher.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I would say yes. I have a Vanilla Prepaid Mastercard on all 3 of my accounts. But admit used a regular MC to activate. 

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Will Public Mobile reimburse customers the prepaid Visa/Mastercard activation fee? There is a large segment of people who sign up with Public Mobile because they don't have credit cards, and can only get activated on a prepaid service.

Alexandf

@solarbreeze 

go to store buy it vouchers  and open ticket with PM support and ask them to do it

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Once ticket is submitted,(envelope icon on the top right) CS_Agent will reply you there.

or buy it prepaid visa card works on activation.

@YVR   voucher is not a form of payment for activation anymore  😞  It could still be used for renewal but not for activation

@solarbreeze  Your other option is to get a prepaid visa card form stores.  Yes, unfortunately, there is a fees to activate a prepaid visa.    Of course, a better option is to ask a friend or family member to help with the credit card.  But if you are doing that, make sure you go back to My account to disable Pre-Authorized payments after as it will be enabled by default

solarbreeze
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you very much for the info

YVR

You can purchase a load/purchase a Public mobile card for paying monthly service charges.  They are available in stores and online.  edited: *** For activation you may need another way. ** Did not know that vouchers can no longer be used for activation thanks @softech and @esjliv for the clarification

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@solarbreeze  - activations of SIM cards are currently not allowing this by paying with vouchers.

But if you submit a ticket with customer support, they should be able to create the account, and activate the sim for you. Then you can add the voucher and active service.

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Need Help? Let's chat.