cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of simcard

mcmoff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am very very very frustrated by now as I don't seem to be able to activate the sim card since days now. It keeps sending me in cirles and then it doesn't let me log in anymore to actually activate the card.

Please solve this problem

thank you very much!

7 REPLIES 7

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just a point of view. 

When PM made the activation change to APP only:

• Was it thoroughly tested
  • Does it diminish access to new customers 
  • Did it reduce what devices that one should activate from. 
  • Has the web activation from almost any device been considered to put back in place along with the App. In my opinion the APP only option is unfriendly to some, even if it worked properly. 

Only asking as I would like to see the business grow. 

@mcmoff wrote:

Thank you for your response!

I can't do this online on the website? This is for my grandma. Her ipad/IOS is too old for that app. there must be another way, no?

Hi @mcmoff  you have to use the app to complete the activation

you can use your phone to help out. Download the app on your phone and activate for her.  Once activation is compeleted, you can uninstall the app and insert the sim card on her phone to use, she does not need the app anymore

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yup, me too.  And done how I now have an invalid, but unused, SIM card. And have to buy another. 

mcmoff

yes, that is exactly my problem - thank you! will try there!

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mcmoff 

Unfortunately not. Every activation requires the app. But if you have a different device that does support the app, you can use that to finish the activation and then put the SIM in the device you intend on using with PM after the activation. 

mcmoff

Thank you for your response!

I can't do this online on the website? This is for my grandma. Her ipad/IOS is too old for that app. there must be another way, no?

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mcmoff 

Hello, you have to use the app in order to finish off your activation. The desktop website will only allow you to get so far in the activation and will often end in that login loop when you can no longer progress in the activation without the PM app.

If you encounter any issues there is specific support for new users trying to sign up:

https://services.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Need Help? Let's chat.