cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation failure..a week without calls..

sumps
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Mary_M

Still looking for help.. It's been a week and incoming phone calls are still routed to some voicemail system that I can not access and outgoing phone calls are greeted with a message saying I do not have a current long distance plan..

This should have been as simple as it gets, I did not ask to port over from any other company, just activate a new line.. I have data and text, but I need voice calls .. 

I've sent a few emails to other mods, but I'll try sending one to @Mary_M as well as she seems to be quite active and by looking at her emails, she seems to be resolving people's issues more current than 1-2 weeks old..

4 REPLIES 4

sumps
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions..

in the end, @Mary_M came though and was able to get my phone and account working!

I'm one happy camper!

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@SD08

Great suggestion!

Even better, Mary_M has jumped in (different thread). sumps has been waiting a while, so that's great news!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If oilblue's suggestion doesn't resolve your issue, then while you're waiting for a moderator to help you, you can download the free Fongo app as a temporary solution for incoming and outgoing voice calls, since your data works.

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

[edit: nevermind...based on another thread Mary_M is helping! Awesome! Leaving this long post for future reference in case others stumble into similar circumstances]

Based on this page, you may be able to kick start things without a Mod (see the Definitions section, Failed Activation).

However, self registration (after waiting 24 hours; credit card charged) requires knowing the phone number (either the port-in number, or the assigned number if picking a new one). Do you have the assigned number anywhere?

If so, go to the My Account sign-in page at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/  

Instead of signing in, click "Create" to self register. First item asked for is the phone number. For more details on the Self Registeration process, see this post (it references port-in, but self registration can work for new numbers too).

Mods can go further without the phone number of a failed activation (e.g. with the SIM numbers). If you're still stuck after trying self registration, Private message a Mod with the required details.

Hopefully you can find the phone number and that path works. Otherwise it's private message and wait... Hang in there.

Need Help? Let's chat.