cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation fails

PatrickMyChan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

New subscriber here.  I just finished paying and it asked me to complete the activation process via the app.  However, once I entered to transfer my number from my existing carrier, it tried to activate the eSIM and it failed.

Now, I cannot continue the activation process and I'm stuck.  How can I proceed from here?

6 REPLIES 6

SueS123

Same just happened to me and I  have a sim card. It said not to put it in until after transfer but the transfer failed and I am locked on the contact support page. Won't actually let me contact support. 

PatrickMyChan

Actually, I got a response already.  Basically, you are at the mercy of the app when trying to activate an eSIM.  if it fails, you're basically SOL.
You will need to go with a physical SIM card to continue.

HI @CS_Agent 

you have time to reply here (but really a helpful post), do you have time check check the ticket queue?  there are people who were waiting for your help

@Tom222333444555  has been waiting for over 24 hours, check your inbox @CS_Agent 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Daily-dropped-calls/m-p/1207996/highlight...

Hello there, and thanks for visiting our community forum.

The community is a great way of searching for answers and help from our customers, however if you still need assistance, and you have reached out through a private message, we kindly ask to keep an eye on your community inbox.

Our customer support team will get in touch as soon as possible.
Public Mobile Team.

PatrickMyChan

Nope, I didn't do anything with my previous line.

Tom222333444555
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

did you cancel your old line? You're suppose to keep your old line open so you can respond to them when they text you asking permission to cancel and transfer your number

Need Help? Let's chat.