cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Issue

hmdirschl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I activated my new Public Mobile account, I asked to have my PC Mobile number ported over.  I received no warnings as was able to setup my account and activate it using my old PC Mobile number. I have been able to make outbound calls and texts, but I cannot receive inbound ones.  I chatted with the bot (which is an excruciatingly unhelpful experience) and learned that I should have requested a new number and then ported my old number from PC Mobile to my new Public Mobile account by submitting a ticket.  Its obviously too late for that.  What am I to do now?

5 REPLIES 5

hmdirschl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, I am on hold now and will hopefully have a resolution soon.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hmdirschl wrote:

When I activated my new Public Mobile account, I asked to have my PC Mobile number ported over.  I received no warnings as was able to setup my account and activate it using my old PC Mobile number. I have been able to make outbound calls and texts, but I cannot receive inbound ones.  I chatted with the bot (which is an excruciatingly unhelpful experience) and learned that I should have requested a new number and then ported my old number from PC Mobile to my new Public Mobile account by submitting a ticket.  Its obviously too late for that.  What am I to do now?

@hmdirschl      Are you saying you were able to transfer your PC Mobile number at activation?   AFAIA, both PC Mobile and Koodo prepaid require customer support to do the transfer and you are required to take a temporary PM number at activation.  You also need to keep your old account active until the transfer is complete.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@hmdirschl 

You will need to contact customer service agent for help complete port.  Your port is stuck. Able to sent text and call out, but unable to receive at your number.  

You could try to put your old carrier SIM card back to your phone.  It still should be working.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hmdirschl wrote:

@hmdirschl  - hello there. Sounds like a stuck port.

See YOUR INBOX, I private messaged you the PORTING PHONE number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hmdirschl 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)
Need Help? Let's chat.