Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Impossible

Thom001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

Hoping someone can help.

Trying to get my dear old mum set up with a cheap mobile to text my sister while she is in hospital.

Got her account set up and payment was taken and we entered the details of the PM sim I got for her.
We got no further than this.
We didnt even get to select a number.

Now ever ytime I try to access the account it sends me into endless loops of validation via email which invariably lead to another log in screen.
I have for sure fallen through some coding crack here.

I have hunted around for support, tried the chatbots (beyond useless) and read through community posts.
I have tried purging the internet cache, 3 different browsers, incognito/private windows, and just plain waiting 24hrs.

I frustrated and I require actual help not automated help.

Hoping someone can get it sorted for me.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Thom001 

Nope, once you are activated you never have to use the app again if you don’t want to. You can safely delete it afterwards if you don’t want the app on your device. The account can be managed through the website once activated. 

Thom001
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Okay...
Going to try that out.
Does the app need to stay on the phone or can it be used just for the activation?

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Thom001 

The login loop you are experiencing is because all new activation must be completed by downloading the PM app and finishing the signup using that. The website unfortunately isn’t the most clear on this, but the website alone will not let you fully complete the signup process. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/load-mobile-app

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Thom001 

it's required to activate your new PM account using the PM app....make sure to use it.

Need Help? Let's chat.